• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HS/HSL/HC Merger and basing

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleFester

Hummer NFO To Be Reckoned With
So, what's the gouge on where the new squadrons (HSC?) will be based? And on what sort of timeline? I ask because the rumor is they'll be taking over the E-2 flight line at Norfolk and we'll be moved Somewhere Else (current money is on Oceana or Jax).

ghost

working, working, working ...
pilot
The HCS guys are should just move into the HC spaces. HC did not merge with anyone, just replaced aircraft. And with the execption of an east coast rag that transition is almost complete.

HS and HSL will merge into HSM as the romeo comes online. I believe romeo will begin training in the FRS around 2008 and be incorporated into various squadrons until 2015. I certainly haven't heard a rumor that the HS or HSL guys are leaving Jax or mayport.

UncleFester

Hummer NFO To Be Reckoned With
Hm. Well, I'm pretty far out of the gouge chain, but the HS guys in my air wing sure were under the impression that they would be moving to Norfolk in the next few years; they were asking us at rats about where to live and BAH. And them leaving and the S-3s going away were why we've heard rumors about us going to Jax. From what I heard, east coast helos are going to be in Mayport and Norfolk, but as I say, I don't know $hit.

NOSWO

Naval Aviator, MH-60S Knighthawk
I can tell you that nobody really knows whats going on for sure lol.......
I have sat through brief after brief from everyone from my Skipper to the Commodore, they all talk about HC merging with the Hotels from HS to make HSC and take over the CSAR mission, the rest of HS going to merge with HSL to form HSM.....

HCS is the reservist squadrons being used in some of the NSW stuff going on....I can tell you that we have already started to "cross polinate" with HS sending them some pilots and taking some of them onboard in return........

As for duty stations etc....my understanding is there will still be the 3 choices for the HSC world.....North Island, Norfolk and Guam......but if you ask someone else in the HC world they may tell you something else lol....but man do I love to fly the Sierra...even the old
Phrog drivers are starting to like the bird....but that whole tail rotor thing still makes some of them suspicious :eek:

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
About the only thing that I have heard consistently regarding the "helo master plan" or what ever they are calling it now, it that No one knows when the Romeo is actually going to hit the fleet. IT changes every time someone talks about it

Status
Not open for further replies.