• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HR FTS Redes

NRDPortlandOR

Just looking for general advice from somebody who's successfully navigated the process. I hear about it all the time in recruiting, but haven't actually met anybody who did it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hit up LCDR Adam Pendleton at Region West, he too got picked up from the last board. He's pretty cool about giving pointers on how to get in. Also, the new Region West Commodore is an O-6 HR FTS, it might be wise to get on his good side and get your name out there for potential letters of recommendation.

NRDPortlandOR

Do you mind my asking what your credentials were grose?

Here's what I'll be putting up to the spring board next year:

O-3 year group 2010
Working on M.S. in HR at Villanova
Two years Officer Recruiting experience
Officer Recruiter of the Year for FY 15
Command Legal Officer
SPHR Certification
#1 ranked O-3 with excellent evals
Hopefully a few O-6 LORs

Common sense tells me that I should be fairly competitive, but you never know.

And thanks for the recommendation rufio. I'll make sure to track him down.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The more I see and talk to these HR FTS selectees, the more inconsistent the stats become. I've seen friends from this recent FTS board with no masters degrees, no LORs, no PHR and still get selected.

Hit up LCDR Adam Pendleton at Region West, he too got picked up from the last board. He's pretty cool about giving pointers on how to get in. Also, the new Region West Commodore is an O-6 HR FTS, it might be wise to get on his good side and get your name out there for potential letters of recommendation.
I gave Adam pointers on his recent FTS application. If you have questions, send me PM. I'll do what I can to help.
HR