• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HR DCO BOARD JAN 2022

exNavyOffRec

42 Applicants?
42 is the number given when people ask chances or anything else, what percent will get selected 42%, what percent will get jets 42%

The dashboard for DCO hasn't been updated so currently it shows 0 applications submitted for almost all DCO programs. They need 4 more to meet FY 22 HR DCO goal but will likely pick a few extras.

If you don't have a PHR or SHRM-CP you might work on that, depending on who is sitting the board that can be a show stopper even though it says it is just "preferred" or it might not be.

Currently Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy Reserve
B.S. Organizational leadership GPA 3.7
Human Resource Management Certificate GPA 3.8
Pursuing Masters in Human Computer Interaction

Also, running my own IT company with 16 employees from last two years and have a 5 years in total HR experience on my resume.

Have two o-5 HR Officer interviews appraisal sheets with outstanding result and Current CO of my unit recommendation.

What do you think?

exNavyOffRec

Currently Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy Reserve
B.S. Organizational leadership GPA 3.7
Human Resource Management Certificate GPA 3.8
Pursuing Masters in Human Computer Interaction

Also, running my own IT company with 16 employees from last two years and have a 5 years in total HR experience on my resume.

Have two o-5 HR Officer interviews appraisal sheets with outstanding result and Current CO of my unit recommendation.

What do you think?
It really depends on the mindset of the board members and if they stick to wanting someone with a PHR or SHRM-CP, or who else applies.

"HR experience" is vague I work with people that have many years of "HR experience" but their experience is as a recruiting coordinator and I know others with the same number of years but it is as a HRM for companies that employ thousands of people.

Who knows who will apply, and just because the board has X number of spots to give doesn't mean they will, they have let spots go unused.

I saw a candidate with over 10 years of HRM experience which included benefits, training, and recruiting, with 4 years prior service as a PS get a "no", not sure if they reapplied but that is how tough it was, maybe this board will be that tough, maybe it won't, but there are many variables when it comes to DCO boards.

subreservist

OAR-56 , 7,7,7
ASVAB-90

Currently LS3 in Navy Reserve

You should be speaking to your OR.

If you are attempting to commission as a DCO the OAR isn’t needed. And ASVAB isn’t required for Officer programs.

If your question is which board would provide you the best opportunity to be selected an Officer it would be active duty as a Surface Warfare Officer.

However, the way you started this thread and your follow on comments are not good signs IMHO.

subreservist

Reviewing some of your prior comments in other threads:

Are you putting in the application yourself vice going through NTAG OR? If so, why? Who told you they would not work with you? Typically, only active duty put together their own packages for submission. While there is nothing stopping a reservist from doing the same thing, most go through the NTAG. That would help you with most of your questions.

In a prior thread, it appears you were selected for something with Army? Why did you turn that down?

It appears you've been pursuing different options for at bit - all Officer programs are selective. If your goal is to stay Navy, I understand that, but if an opportunity to become an Officer presents itself in any branch, that is definitely a decision not to be taken lightly. You applied to them, so you must had an interest at some point.

exNavyOffRec

Reviewing some of your prior comments in other threads:

Are you putting in the application yourself vice going through NTAG OR? If so, why? Who told you they would not work with you? Typically, only active duty put together their own packages for submission. While there is nothing stopping a reservist from doing the same thing, most go through the NTAG. That would help you with most of your questions.

In a prior thread, it appears you were selected for something with Army? Why did you turn that down?

It appears you've been pursuing different options for at bit - all Officer programs are selective. If your goal is to stay Navy, I understand that, but if an opportunity to become an Officer presents itself in any branch, that is definitely a decision not to be taken lightly. You applied to them, so you must had an interest at some point.
There has been a back and forth on reservist and OR's, first we could, then they said no, and then they have since said yes again, so he may have been caught in the back and forth.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
HR DCO is a very competitive board. On average, about 45-50 applicants compete for 4-6 spots annually, depending on annual accession numbers.

A desired applicant is one with a masters degree (HR focused), PHR/SPHR certification and around 10-15 years of HR + leadership experience. A good number of candidates are in senior HR roles to include VP of HR, HR director or a senior manager / executive role in other HR fields (think: training, education, requirements/data, etc.).

Having a good degree / GPA and great LORs / interviews may help, but those can only go so far compared to the work experience (unless you’re Reince Priebus).

Source: A current 1205.