• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to join CEC Reserve DCO?

Kal-El

I contacted the Navy, was paired with a recruiters (NYC) , explained that I want to join the CEC as a reservist (I have PE, PMP, CCM and LEED). I took the ASVAB (10 sections, coding & cyber) and passed. Issue is the recruiter is taking about a boot camp and signing a contract next week, which is not what I expected based on my reading (a commission is done after an interview/board). It’s really difficult to find a step by step and what I can ask my recruiter, I do not want to sign to something I am not pursuing; I want to serve and show gratitude through the CEC using my skills as an engineer with private and public experience! The recruiter while incredible and very helpful is pushing for a signature without a lot of info and details provided, I hope someone here can help me with some guidance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I contacted the Navy, was paired with a recruiters (NYC) , explained that I want to join the CEC as a reservist (I have PE, PMP, CCM and LEED). I took the ASVAB (10 sections, coding & cyber) and passed. Issue is the recruiter is taking about a boot camp and signing a contract next week, which is not what I expected based on my reading (a commission is done after an interview/board). It’s really difficult to find a step by step and what I can ask my recruiter, I do not want to sign to something I am not pursuing; I want to serve and show gratitude through the CEC using my skills as an engineer with private and public experience! The recruiter while incredible and very helpful is pushing for a signature without a lot of info and details provided, I hope someone here can help me with some guidance.

You are talking to an enlisted recruiter, talk to an OFFICER recruiter.

CheckCharlie

Thanks for your response. Is it okay to tell the recruiter that? How do I get to an officer recruiters? (Thanks in advance)

Kal-El, any luck getting an OR?

I'm in the same boat you are and I had a hard time getting hold of an OR, too. I walked into my local recruiting office and still got bounced around 3 different people over phone calls, voicemails, and text messages. It took about a week to finally get the right person. Just keep at it.

Kal-El

Nope, I called the listed numbers, one person sent me back to the same recruiting office, another never picks up or return voicemails, I tried multiple people, phones and emails but no luck. The recruiter I am working with wants me to go & do physical (he told me that I need to set a date so he can book a hotel and a car to take me at a specific time). I have not set that date yet hoping I can get to the right person!

I will keep trying, it’s just frustrating not being able to get to someone. I appreciate your reply, best of luck in your process

D Schwan

Nope, I called the listed numbers, one person sent me back to the same recruiting office, another never picks up or return voicemails, I tried multiple people, phones and emails but no luck. The recruiter I am working with wants me to go & do physical (he told me that I need to set a date so he can book a hotel and a car to take me at a specific time). I have not set that date yet hoping I can get to the right person!

I will keep trying, it’s just frustrating not being able to get to someone. I appreciate your reply, best of luck in your process

You might try calling a recruiting center in a different city and tell them you'd like to speak with an officer recruiter. I contacted my local recruiting office when I decided I'd like to become a CEC officer in the Reserve. Since the officer recruiter at my local office is more focused on active duty, he put me in contact with a reserve center 60 miles away. I then worked remotely (mostly via text, email, phone call) putting the application together. The MEPS where I did the physical and medical exam is luckily located near my house. You won't go to bootcamp to become an officer! I was finally selected, commissioned a couple months back, and my first drill weekend is in about 10 days. As a Reserve officer, you don't even go to officer school (ODS) until after you begin drilling.

leafar

PM me, I'm working with an OR right now and he's pretty responsive. Usually respond my e-mails within 24hs and I'm always able to get him over the phone. He might be able to help you.

CheckCharlie

I was finally selected, commissioned a couple months back, and my first drill weekend is in about 10 days. As a Reserve officer, you don't even go to officer school (ODS) until after you begin drilling.

As a drilling CEC DCO Ensign that’s waiting for an ODS quota, what did you do at IDT? I hear it could take a year to book a class.

StevenNRA

6 month hiatus on AW isn't unheard-of, so maybe they'll get an email notification.

Hopefully somebody else can chime in with their experience.

My IDTs consisted of indoc for the first DWE. The rest of the DWEs have consisted of getting off hit lists (medical, paperwork, etc.), helping the NOSC Respay office with their upcoming command assessment, and attending OSU planning meetings, and going to the gym/individual readiness.

D Schwan

As a drilling CEC DCO Ensign that’s waiting for an ODS quota, what did you do at IDT? I hear it could take a year to book a class.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I just got back from ODS.

My first 5 months of drilling before attending ODS may have been unique because I was thrown into a role as a detachment officer in charge (OIC) within one of the Reserve naval mobile construction battalions (NMCB). Having had no prior military experience, this has been overwhelming and humbling to say the least, but kind of awesome. In addition to doing all the medical, dental, general military training the other people have mentioned, I have had the responsibility to make sure all the people within my detachment are getting squared away with medical, dental, and training/qualifications, all while trying to learn the system of the Navy.

Where are you on your journey? It shouldn't take that long to get into ODS. For me there was a delay because I missed the boat to get into the October session, then there was a break over the holidays, and the next class (which I got into) began the end of January 2020.

StevenNRA

Sorry for the delayed reply. I just got back from ODS.

My first 5 months of drilling before attending ODS may have been unique because I was thrown into a role as a detachment officer in charge (OIC) within one of the Reserve naval mobile construction battalions (NMCB). Having had no prior military experience, this has been overwhelming and humbling to say the least, but kind of awesome. In addition to doing all the medical, dental, general military training the other people have mentioned, I have had the responsibility to make sure all the people within my detachment are getting squared away with medical, dental, and training/qualifications, all while trying to learn the system of the Navy.

Where are you on your journey? It shouldn't take that long to get into ODS. For me there was a delay because I missed the boat to get into the October session, then there was a break over the holidays, and the next class (which I got into) began the end of January 2020.

This sounds a lot better than individual readiness. Was this an actual billet or was this something you got voluntold to do?

My NOSC has a reserve NMCB but it seems to be pretty divorced from the NOSC's OSU.

D Schwan

This sounds a lot better than individual readiness. Was this an actual billet or was this something you got voluntold to do?

My NOSC has a reserve NMCB but it seems to be pretty divorced from the NOSC's OSU.

Voluntold. I don’t have a billet yet. Which NMCB is at your NOSC? I would avoid OSU if possible.