• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to get approval for Jeppesen Pubs in order to do an airshow?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
If anyone can point me to a POC to get approval for Jeppesen Pubs in order to do an airshow, I’ll buy you a beer. Also, anyone going to the central coast airshow in Santa Maria next weekend?

-Asking for a DH

I had an issue years back where I had to take a det into an international field that wasn’t on DoD approach plates and I started the process by contacting Jeppesen directly. They were great to deal with.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I’m scratching my head at all this - all FAA Instrument approach procedures and airport diagrams are easily downloadable as pdf from FAA.gov

A good 2P or NFO should have this with minimal effort.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I’m scratching my head at all this - all FAA Instrument approach procedures and airport diagrams are easily downloadable as pdf from FAA.gov

It's due to a conservative reading (and I'd argue misunderstanding) of 3710. Some think the blurb about having to have every approach used be covered by FLIP products means that if it isn't in a FLIP, it's not legal to shoot. The reality is that domestic approaches aren't TERP'ed by a FLIP agency and are done by the FAA, it doesn't matter if they're actually in a FLIP.

The actual intent of the 3710 has to do with non-US terminal procedures, brought about after Secretary Ron Brown's aircraft crashed in the 90's.

jmcquate

Contributor
Aren't they available on AirNav too?
AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAa