• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to: “How Much Will I Get for my PCS?”

snake020

Contributor
Google Maps says 4500 mi between Anchorage AK and Pensacola FL. Roughly 13 days travel time...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Google Maps says 4500 mi between Anchorage AK and Pensacola FL. Roughly 13 days travel time...

I am not quite sure what question you are answering, but the only "official" mileage comes from the Table o' Distances (DoD? or exec branch?). The mileage listed in that table is what is used to determine travel time allowed and the amount of $$ paid for POV driving.

KEITH.MAX

Banned
wplacrosse26 I know this is a little late coming but it should still be useful since the first post is now "old gouge".

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I have done extensive searching on this question on AW and others but I couldn't find the answer

I will be doing a PCS for API to Primary during the same FY that I got DLA for TBS to API.

JFTR says... " Multiple DLA payments are appropriate for PCS moves to, from, or between courses conducted at a Service installation"

My question is, do API and Primary count as "courses", and if they do will you receive full, partial, or secondary DLA? Is there any other reason that will affect how much/if I do or do not get DLA?

Thank you.

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
Has anyone tried to "drive one & ship one"? According to the JFTR:

U5417 TRANSPORTATION OF A POV WITHIN CONUS INCIDENT TO A PCS

A. General

1. An eligible member, who has dependents who are also relocating incident to the PCS, ordered on a PCS between CONUS PDSs, may have POV transportation authorized for one POV from the old CONUS PDS to the new CONUS PDS provided that the:

a. Member and/or eligible dependent(s) possess more than one POV to be relocated to the new PDS;

b. Member and dependents then travel at one time in one POC;

c. GOV’T’s transportation cost for the POV to be shipped does not exceed the remainder of the ‘MALTPlus’ for driving two POCs to the new PDS (see example, par. U5417-D); and

d. Member is financially responsible for all excess costs/additional expenses associated with POV transportation. NOTE: If the POV transportation cost exceeds the reimbursement limitation (par. U5417-D) the member is financially responsible for the cost difference to enable the POV to be transported.

2. MALT and cost reimbursement are separately authorized for driving the second vehicle.

It seems like I'm the only one in the Navy trying to do this right now. Nobody at PSD has any idea what I'm talking about. I just wanted to know if it can be part of Advance DLA or if the Navy will even pay to ship after the fact since nobody seems to have heard of this. I have a wife and baby and my wife has no desire to drive cross-country with a baby by herself. Also, if I choose to then fly her and my son instead of "travelling at one time in one POC", I want to make sure that it's still legit.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Has anyone tried to "drive one & ship one"? According to the JFTR:

It seems like I'm the only one in the Navy trying to do this right now. Nobody at PSD has any idea what I'm talking about. I just wanted to know if it can be part of Advance DLA or if the Navy will even pay to ship after the fact since nobody seems to have heard of this. I have a wife and baby and my wife has no desire to drive cross-country with a baby by herself. Also, if I choose to then fly her and my son instead of "travelling at one time in one POC", I want to make sure that it's still legit.

You are allowed to drive one vehicle and ship one vehicle. However you cannot do this and then have the government pay to fly your spouse. The intent there is that you will be driving to your new duty station. And the government will not ship both for you. So if any flying is involved for a CONUS move, it will come out of your pocket.

The key to dealing with PSD is actually showing the section straight out of the JFTR. It is the pub that governs exactly how they do business and yet none of them seem to know what it actually says. if the agent you are dealing with is worthless (as is the case most of the time sadly) then make sure you speak with supervisors.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The key to dealing with PSD is actually showing the section straight out of the JFTR. It is the pub that governs exactly how they do business and yet none of them seem to know what it actually says. if the agent you are dealing with is worthless (as is the case most of the time sadly) then make sure you speak with supervisors.

This is exactly why I believe I have never had any issues with a move so far (knocking on wood).

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
You are allowed to drive one vehicle and ship one vehicle. However you cannot do this and then have the government pay to fly your spouse. The intent there is that you will be driving to your new duty station. And the government will not ship both for you. So if any flying is involved for a CONUS move, it will come out of your pocket.

Yeah, I know they won't pay for the ticket but I'm fine with that. The guy I was talking to was hard to even understand do to his accent so I was getting frustrated trying to explain it to him. I'll try again tomorrow and send a copy of the section over. The problem is that I'm at a remote duty station so I can't talk to anyone face to face.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Thread resurrect, when do SNA's get DLA? A bunch of priors at OCS told me to ask for it to P'Cola, but was told I wouldn't get it because API is an i-stop, only when you get PCS orders to your ultimate. Then when we got to Corpus, they told us we wouldn't get it here either, even though it's listed as the ultimate activity on my orders. So I've moved twice, both PPMs, and no DLA. Just mileage and per diem, and assumedly the PPM incentive for this second one. Do I not get DLA until the FRS? Or should I have gotten it for this last move?