• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How the War Loot is Split Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
As @webmaster knows, I actually was actively trying to score a 200 HP Yamaha prize engine. On my first deployment, I knew exactly where a vessel ended up (Rodman) that we interdicted, but it took us too long (like several weeks) before we pulled back in there to even see the motors. The vessel was completely stripped and moored at one of the piers waiting to be repurposed.

On my second deployment, for some reason, JIATF wanted one of the engines on an interdicted vessel. But in standard Shoe fashion, they couldn't figure out how to a) get the motor off the transom and b) get it up on to the weather deck. Because the ship never hauls anything from one of their many davits, apparently. The Shoe's solution was to disconnect the motor head from the drive and then just bring that up (collective forehead slap). I was flying at the time, orbiting and watching our fuel tapes get lower and lower. I think that might have been the longest single flight I've ever done in a -60B (and only one of two times I ever peed in a -60).

Even if I had been aboard, given the complete goat rope the operation was, getting a second motor up would have been impossible. Naturally, the motor head they did bring up sat in the salt air for another 1-2 months, completely corroding away and going to waste. No one from JIATF ever did come and collect it.

This should surprise no one who has ever worked with/for JIATF in any capacity...

The Stork

Banned
The more I get to know the military. The more I see what it is. It's just a bunch of old Jewish guys giving some kid an M16 and telling him to go raid a country.

I just find that amusing. The funny thing is, when you put the M16 in that old mans hand. It doesn't work so good. So when you think about it, we can just dangle the war loot over his head until he gives us our cut right? I mean, unless he wants to try and take it him self - LOL.
hqdefault.jpg

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
JIATF Sea Stories

I do understand the frustration with JIATF, but it wasn't all bad. The SWOs on our ship did everything they could to avoid actually doing the mission. Sometimes they were the enemy of success. CO was totally onboard with the mission, but her crew would have rather been steaming circles in Fifth Fleet, I'll never understand why. Panama was the BEST port ever, although it was slightly awkward when a cab driver offered us some of the very same contraband we were attempting to apprehend. "Uhhhhhh....no thanks?"

Stupidity
shut-the-fuck-up-motherfucker.jpg

The Stork

Banned
Well what do you want me to do? I just want my cut. All the guys who fought in that war(like the guys on the nuclear submarine) should get there cut. I'm climbing into a super sonic jet that goes 1,400MPH. I could not make it back and wind up with nothing todo this for them, and in turn the united states.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
As @webmaster knows, I actually was actively trying to score a 200 HP Yamaha prize engine.
Oh, I forgot to say (sorry, got distracted) we managed to take the cover off an engine that we shot out, mount it, sign it next to the bullet holes, and put it up in the ready room. Sad thing is I was at my old squadron several months ago and the JOs were completely in the dark about it and were asking me about its origin. I'm not even that old...it was only a couple years ago that we put it on the wall! SMH.

Renegade One

None
Why the change after 1808?
Not exactly sure, except to note that one of the grievances leading to the mutiny at the Nore in 1797 was a demand for a fairer distribution of prize money. Odd that it took 11 years for the issue to be addressed and codified (or maybe not all that odd...), but the change was significant, especially for senior petty officers, like Captains of the Top, whose individual shares of prize money more than tripled.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh, I forgot to say (sorry, got distracted) we managed to take the cover off an engine that we shot out, mount it, sign it next to the bullet holes, and put it up in the ready room. Sad thing is I was at my old squadron several months ago and the JOs were completely in the dark about it and were asking me about its origin. I'm not even that old...it was only a couple years ago that we put it on the wall! SMH.

Welcome to getting old. When I left my DH squadron, the majority of the pictures hanging up on the wall were taken by me (or with my camera). When I came back 3 years later, most were still up. When the squadron moved, there were still a few up, but then they started deploying with the new airframe and have new pictures. Now I'm a has-been.

They do have a sweet, complete stab (with center box) from the old show bird hanging up in the ready room, though, and a cool story on how they got it. So props to them.

Goodfou

Welcome to getting old. When I left my DH squadron, the majority of the pictures hanging up on the wall were taken by me (or with my camera). When I came back 3 years later, most were still up. When the squadron moved, there were still a few up, but then they started deploying with the new airframe and have new pictures. Now I'm a has-been.

They do have a sweet, complete stab (with center box) from the old show bird hanging up in the ready room, though, and a cool story on how they got it. So props to them.

Jaguars?

Status
Not open for further replies.