• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How tall is too tall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfUSN

Does any one know (roughly) how tall you can be and still qualify for jets? I know it has alot to do with a few diferent measurements, but just an educated gues would be helpful...

Thanx... June02 OCS!!!
ATP

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
When I went for my phisical they actualy did all the mesureing. As I understand it it dones really have to do with your overall hight but the lenght of each limb..lenght of your arms torso ect. i am not eactly clear what the limits are though.

aviatorshade

Catfish
pilot
You are right, there is a lot of different measurements. I am 6'2" though, and when getting my Air gaurantee for the Marine Corps I was measured for all platforms and fell within all the parameters to fly anything in the Corps arsenal, (jets included i.e. Hornets, Harriers...) Hope this helps.

Semper Fidelis

vicki

Anthros, unfortunately, my area of expertise. I have been throught the fit check thing ad nauseum. There are two critical measurements for tall guys. Sitting height is important (you have to clear the canopy). Buttock to knee length is the other biggie (you don't want your legs chopped off during an ejection attempt). In general, if you are not all legs or all torso, you are good to go between 5'5" and 6'3" for ejection seat aircraft. Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule. I am 5'3" and I'm golden in the Hornet. My functional reach is borderline with harness locked in a Tomcat however. As you see, each aircraft has different requirements. I am completely NPQ for helos because my sitting height is too short. I hope I didn't just confuse you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.