• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How possible/difficult is it to change fields in/after BDCP?

Semisonic9

I'm pretty set on Intel or IW. My recruiter is telling me that Intel is packed, and is probably a pretty tough reach right now. This may or may not be the case in two years.

How fluid are they with people who want to change assignments closer to graduation? Is this a major deal, like a lateral transfer, or something a little less ...difficult? What are the criteria they would measure?

I'm committed to joining the Navy, but as far as fields go, pretty much everything looks awesome! It's like choosing between the big-tittied brunette or the blonde with the great ass. Tough call, and realistically, I know I could be happy with either. :D

It's a timeline thing. My packet is fairly competitive, but it could be better. The catch-22 is that by the time I can make it better, I'll be pushing the limits for graduation as it is. I'd like to be in BDCP as soon as possible, but I'd consider holding off my packet until my quals are up, or listing only Intel as my chocie of fields if it's a "once you're locked in, you've made a commitment and there's no changing it!" kind of thing.

I guess my question is: "Is BDCP a recruiting tool for the service in general, or more for each rating individually?"

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I'm pretty set on Intel or IW. My recruiter is telling me that Intel is packed, and is probably a pretty tough reach right now. This may or may not be the case in two years.

How fluid are they with people who want to change assignments closer to graduation? Is this a major deal, like a lateral transfer, or something a little less ...difficult? What are the criteria they would measure?

I'm committed to joining the Navy, but as far as fields go, pretty much everything looks awesome! It's like choosing between the big-tittied brunette or the blonde with the great ass. Tough call, and realistically, I know I could be happy with either. :D

It's a timeline thing. My packet is fairly competitive, but it could be better. The catch-22 is that by the time I can make it better, I'll be pushing the limits for graduation as it is. I'd like to be in BDCP as soon as possible, but I'd consider holding off my packet until my quals are up, or listing only Intel as my chocie of fields if it's a "once you're locked in, you've made a commitment and there's no changing it!" kind of thing.

I guess my question is: "Is BDCP a recruiting tool for the service in general, or more for each rating individually?"

Search for "BDCP redesignation" and you will see numerous threads about how to switch designators once in the BDCP program. I switched from Supply to SNA. It is possible, and it happens. A search should answer your questions.

Semisonic9

"Redesignation". That's the word I needed.

Great, thank you. And thanks for being cool about an apparently oft-asked question.