• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How much sleep at OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I'm just curious how much sleep everyone gets/got at OCS. I've been reading some of the posts here and it's amazing...4 hours, 5 hours, 3 and a half hours. It sounds like a bunch of SWO department heads bragging to each other about how little sleep they get.

The only time I ever got less than 7 hours of sleep at OCS was the night before the 2 MTTs we had (RLP for you youngins). On those days, I woke up an hour early so I could make my bed. I justified the one less hour of sleep by sleeping under the covers. Most other nights, though, I was in bed a little before taps and woke in just enough time to shave and get out for PT.

For what it's worth, I never failed anything while I was there. I wasn't always the top scorer in every evolution, but not near the bottom, either. And you know what they called me when I graduated? "Ensign"

Don't make your life harder than it has to be. Work smart, not hard.

tali264

Agreed, as soon as taps was played our room was flying to bed and the last one up had to turn off the light. And for what it's worth - I graduated first in my class. People just don't get that if you don't sleep at night because you're studying, then you don't pay attention in class. If you'd just sleep at night, you can pay attention in class and absorb everything you need while you're there without wasting any other time.

sludge31

RLP Body gets only 2-3 hours sleep the night before MTTs...especially if you put in the effort to help your shipmates...didn't you guys ever have the mid watch? bag nastys?

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Yeah, I had the mid-watch, but on the nights I didn't (I think I had it twice), I got my 7 hours.

You had an RLP Body? Good Lord.

John Kane

I freaking loved the cherry pies!!! I usually stayed up till 11:00 (2300 for you military types) and wrote a letter home, it was an incredible stress reliever and a way to wind down, plus now serves as an awesome journal! I would normally wake up a 0400, shave, sh*t, shower, go back to sleep at 0415 and wake up at 0500. So what's that, almost 6 a night

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
yeah i was adjutant in 2003.. hardly stood watch but i had a small class. i would say 4-6 hrs of sleep was normal for me. 7 hrs on a good day.. likes sundays after a night of drinking at sevilles/mcguires but still had to get up for church.. mmm krispy kreme..

SWOdogJon

Enlightened follower of the SWOness
I would say anywhere from one to six hours a night depending on what was going on the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.