• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How much does the BDCP Actually pay?

citychamp01

They say that it starts at 2,735 a month but how is that possible when there's also information on the net saying they will be paying as an enlisted E-3. Doesn't an E-3 get paid less than that a month?And does it vary or increase if I am Pro-Rec'd for the BDCP to finish my masters degree?

Thanks in advance

This program is offered to technical majors in their sophomore year and non-technical majors in their junior year. The monthly stipend starts at $2,735`a month and can increase up to $3,111 a month if you successfully refere another individual to become a Naval Officer or if you make the Dean's List.
You will also receive full medical/dental benefits during the duration of the program and you will acrew time in service while in college.

http://www.navy-officer.com/BDCP.pdf

navyboy4415

The amount of pay depends on the area in which your paper processor is located. For me that was Pittsburgh.. therefore I made E-3 pay plus BAH from Pittsburgh and the standard BAS. That amounted to around $2800 with taxes taken out. If you claim yourself as an independent on your taxes, you will recieve all the money that you paid in taxes back from the tax credits for paying college tuition. BDCP is the best way to join the military (as an officer) imo.. active duty years in the military + pay... How can it get any better?

coredukes

None
I'm not making near that! I'm waiting on a temp pin to get into myPay to double check everything, but I'm only around $2000/month including taxes. What's up!?

How do you know youre making $2000 including taxes without an LES? What are you actually getting every 2 weeks?

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
BDCP gets you BAH + BAS + Base (E-3/4/5). The only variable is what BAH your 'duty station' rates. Your school is your duty station, which can matter (good or bad w/r/t BAH). You should easily be able to figure out your pre-tax income using that stuff available online. If you happen to live in a high BAH area you could definitely make 2700/month.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
BDCP time counts for retirement? Don't let the Naval Acadmey grads get wind of that :D

TopShot

BDCP SNA
How do you know youre making $2000 including taxes without an LES? What are you actually getting every 2 weeks?
I know by the amount being direct deposited into my account. (The 2k is after everything)

But it just doesn't add up.
$1650(E3)+$324(BAS)+$959(BAH Atlanta) = $2933 before taxes

So thats a helluva lot taken out for taxes or something isn't right. Mypay said to wait two business days for the pin so hopefully I can login soon.

nugget81

pilot
When I was BDCP, I made about $2000 as E-3, $2200 as E-4, and $2400 as E-5. That's after taxes, 2005-2006 timeframe. And the time does count towards time in service!

coredukes

None
I know by the amount being direct deposited into my account. (The 2k is after everything)

But it just doesn't add up.
$1650(E3)+$324(BAS)+$959(BAH Atlanta) = $2933 before taxes

So thats a helluva lot taken out for taxes or something isn't right. Mypay said to wait two business days for the pin so hopefully I can login soon.

Ok I gotcha I thought you meant $2000 before taxes were taken out. I cant compare mine since Im prior enlisted so Im making more but you should wait until you get your pin and check out what youre claiming on taxes and then check out the breakdown on your LES. Good luck I hope you figure it out