• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How much does PRT count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bully

Speaking of that, do they consider PFT score when selecting you for aviation in general? I mean other than just the minimum to serve in the Navy.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Damado, that is a good question, and one I really don't have an accurate answer for. I do know that your API NSS grade counts for 15% of your Primary NSS:

15% API
15% Primary Ground School (Systems Test, Metro Test, INAV Test)
70% Monkey Skills (Flying..)

I dimly recall being told that the PRT at API was something like 5% of our API grade, but I could be mistaken. Maybe someone else who has just been through API could fill that in?

Bully, as for the importance of a good score for Service Selection... well, you should try and get the best all round package that you can put together, and scraping along at the minimums might not be the best idea, espcially if it comes down to your package against someone else's and your PRT/PFT scores are brought up... just a thought. I personally don't know the exact weighting of each of the package components to get into Aviation, best resource should be your Recruiter/NROTC/Academy...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Damado:

From what I remember, John's got it right. 5% of your API grade. Not much. Basically, if you're not very fast, the track you run on will slow you down more. So just get two more questions right on the tests :)

I don't know what they are going to do with the new PT standards that came out. That'll screw everything up. Also, understand that you aren't taking a PRT at API. Instead it's a PT test that involves elements from the PRT (minus the sit and reach) and is run (or was two months ago) on a mulch cross country track.

Status
Not open for further replies.