• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS How many waivers is too many for Navy or Marines OCS?

quafler

I would need roughly 3-4 waivers due to childhood ADHD, childhood asthma, previous allergies, and infrequent drug (marijuana) use. I am afraid I'll get NAMI whammy'ed after committing to OCS and thrown out of a pilot slot.

> Is it realistic to obtain this many waivers?
> Will I receive waivers before commitment to the Navy? I'm aware Marines do a physical before commitment.
> Are waivers good for all future physicals, or do I need to re-obtain waivers every physical?
> If I were to obtains these waivers, how would it affect my candidacy down the road (lower aircraft selection priority)?

Help for any of these questions is appreciated. I apologize if this has been asked before. I've done a lot of reading on this forum and these are my questions that remain unanswered.

exNavyOffRec

You really need to talk to your recruiter about these, each one requires more info to give a decent "guess" but really the only one who will know the actual chance is the one who will approve the waiver. In your case the MJ use will be NRC and the others will be N3M. In some cases if there is a single waiver some could give there experience or expertise but when you have multiple waivers it becomes a bit complicated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I would need roughly 3-4 waivers due to childhood ADHD, childhood asthma, previous allergies, and infrequent drug (marijuana) use. I am afraid I'll get NAMI whammy'ed after committing to OCS and thrown out of a pilot slot.

> Is it realistic to obtain this many waivers?
> Will I receive waivers before commitment to the Navy? I'm aware Marines do a physical before commitment.
> Are waivers good for all future physicals, or do I need to re-obtain waivers every physical?
> If I were to obtains these waivers, how would it affect my candidacy down the road (lower aircraft selection priority)?

Help for any of these questions is appreciated. I apologize if this has been asked before. I've done a lot of reading on this forum and these are my questions that remain unanswered.

Like what @exNavyOffRec rec, there isn't a quota limit per se in terms of waivers - as in you are automatically DQ if you need X amount of waivers.

Instead of just "reading" things, perhaps you should talk to a local officer recruiter who can better assist you. They will go through your medical paperwork, submit it to MEPS and the doctors / staff will make the determination.

Anecdotally I had 3, one was for childhood asthma and another was for childhood ADHD so it is possible, but I was in NROTC instead of OCS and this was before the requirements for aviation got so crazy high, it could be that now they'll use medical issues to further filter out candidates.

What I will warn you about is that the waiver process is extremely opaque, you are essentially throwing documents into a black hole and only thing they'll ever tell you is when they want you to find more documents and the final answer, which is basically just yes or no with no further info. Another factor to consider, I don't know they if use MHS Genesis now, (the program that can supposedly just find all your medical documentation automatically) but when I was going through getting all the documents they wanted took an extremely long time ( ~5 months) since many times something on one document made them suddenly want another and then it's another 2 weeks before whoever has it finishes the new round of phone tag and/or email tennis. I would start looking and reaching out to past doctors now, some of the documentation they wanted was from when I was 9 years old.