• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many times can you take the ASTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrntcat18

just wanted to find out how many times you can take the ASTB before they say "hey dude, your a retard" go else where. Thanks and congrats to those who got accepted

FlyHalf

You can take it 3 times. I forget how long you have to wait between tests, but I do know the time between the 1st and second time is shorter then the time between the 2nd and 3rd times. The reason for this is that there are exactly 3 different versions of the ASTB test, and you can only take each test vesrion once. So if you fail after the 2nd time you better studdy your @$$ off before you take the 3rd one. Better yet, just pass it the first time!

Good Luck.

Kycntryboy

pilot
One month after the first test; 6 months there after each time. You use to be able to take it as many times as you wanted to, but it may be different now that it is on computer. But the times are right. Also your last score is the one that counts.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's the real scoop:
With the new ASTB (versions 3,4, & 5) you can only take each version ONCE. The timing is 30 days between your first test and second test and then 90 days between your second and third (AND FINAL) test. You can take the tests in any order (ie: 3,5,4 or 4,3,5 or 5,4,3, etc) but once you have taken all three tests your are done.
ea6bflyr

Kycntryboy said:
One month after the first test; 6 months there after each time. You use to be able to take it as many times as you wanted to, but it may be different now that it is on computer. But the times are right. Also your last score is the one that counts.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Also, if you took the paper version before, the new computerized test counts as three more tries. For example, a year ago (before the computerized version was available) I took the paper version once. Now there exists the new computerized version, which I can take 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.