• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how many times can you apply

originalbigjim

how many times can you apply for ocs in a year? I know some programs are only once per year, but i keep reading apply often and i understand that they have boards monthly but does that mean you can apply monthly? thanks guys

JIMMY

i believe its once every 6 months, UNLESS u show significant improvement, (i.e. WAY better ASTB and/or PRT scores, etc, etc).

-jP

Hurley

Just sent my package off for the Jan 22 board. I asked my recruiter this very question and I got this answer: "Once every six months, and you have to show significant improvement each time."

Also, as far as the LOR's go, you have to get all new ones each time you apply, even if they are from the same people. Humility is a virtue :icon_wink

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Your recruiter will know best. The only limit I ever heard of was the minimum times you had to wait to take the ASTB over. I reapplied within days of not being accepted. And I didn't have to get new LORs... I just had to write up a statement as to why they should take a look at my package again, and I submitted transcripts from the semester that ended while my package was out.

tiger84

LT
pilot
There's a difference between submitting an entirely new package and applying for reconsideration. When I was getting my stuff together my recruiter told me it's possible to apply immediately for reconsideration by writing an additional statement and resubmitting. If the reconsideration is turned down I think you'd have to submit a whole new package, with new LORs, with a six month wait in between apps.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's a difference between submitting an entirely new package and applying for reconsideration. When I was getting my stuff together my recruiter told me it's possible to apply immediately for reconsideration by writing an additional statement and resubmitting. If the reconsideration is turned down I think you'd have to submit a whole new package, with new LORs, with a six month wait in between apps.

^^^That is the gouge there. And you can reapply as often as you want as long as you have not become ineligible (too old, drugs felony etc) and have made some improvement or change from the previous app.

originalbigjim

^^^That is the gouge there. And you can reapply as often as you want as long as you have not become ineligible (too old, drugs felony etc) and have made some improvement or change from the previous app.

i am active duty enlisted, does the same go for me?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know that you can apply as often as you like. I knew an active duty HM that applied 5 times before he got his MSC commission. I don't know how long you must wait before reapplying through your chain of command. Must be in an instruction somewhere.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer

Have you talked to or even looked for Lt. Scott in 400 Div yet? She has all the information on Enlisted to Commissioning programs for our command. I understand that you want help on trying to get info for a commissioning, but if you are not going to even use resources under your nose, why even keep asking. That's my 2 cents.

originalbigjim

Have you talked to or even looked for Lt. Scott in 400 Div yet? She has all the information on Enlisted to Commissioning programs for our command. I understand that you want help on trying to get info for a commissioning, but if you are not going to even use resources under your nose, why even keep asking. That's my 2 cents.

yeah, i am working nights right now and it is hard to get to work early enough to talk to people before they leave. but i go back to days on the 16th i think ill be able to get things done then.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
yeah, i am working nights right now and it is hard to get to work early enough to talk to people before they leave. but i go back to days on the 16th i think ill be able to get things done then.

Yeah I see what you mean. If you shoot her an email, she will be more than happy to help you out, but definitely talk with her when you come to days. She will help you out a lot when it comes to meeting other Officers and knowing what to put into packages. Out of all the Sailors that have tried to put in some type of package, I think only like 3 people have not made it, and that was for STA-21. She has put like 10 people through in a year, between STA-21, OCS, and the guy she got selected for USNA. Good luck!

originalbigjim

Yeah I see what you mean. If you shoot her an email, she will be more than happy to help you out, but definitely talk with her when you come to days. She will help you out a lot when it comes to meeting other Officers and knowing what to put into packages. Out of all the Sailors that have tried to put in some type of package, I think only like 3 people have not made it, and that was for STA-21. She has put like 10 people through in a year, between STA-21, OCS, and the guy she got selected for USNA. Good luck!

WOW! I guess i really need to talk to her.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
Yeah she is good at what she does. I think the difference with her is that she actually cares about getting people selected, so she will do what she needs to do. Definitely get in good with her, and she'll be the best person you can know here. Also, talk to CW05 Hankins. He is a great guy too. If you can get a LOR from him, it will be very valuable, but you will have to get to know him. Anything I can help you with, just let me know.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
blackjack rj did you get a lor from him? I think i have talked to him a few times, i think there is only 1 cwo5 at aimd right?

I actually met him after I got my package straight and sent off, but I would have asked had I known him. Yeah there is only like 2 WOs at AIMD period. He is one of the few CWO5s in the Navy. Not too many of them, that's for sure. Only a handful.