• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many times are you allowed to apply for a Navy Reserve direct Commission/

I was told today that this is the last time I am allowed to apply. This is my 3rd time applying. Is this true?

Devil Duck

The recruiter/NRD could set whatever restrictions they find appropriate. Have heard more than one recruiter tell an applicant their application will not be resubmitted unless their personal situation changes substantially (eg, completed advanced degree, new job experience).

Wouldn't get upset if the Navy doesn't find you a viable candidate. Would recommend making yourself a more desirable applicant. They Navy is in a great position to be selective.

exNavyOffRec

The recruiter/NRD could set whatever restrictions they find appropriate. Have heard more than one recruiter tell an applicant their application will not be resubmitted unless their personal situation changes substantially (eg, completed advanced degree, new job experience).

Wouldn't get upset if the Navy doesn't find you a viable candidate. Would recommend making yourself a more desirable applicant. They Navy is in a great position to be selective.
Kind of correct, if the CO of the NRD decides to hold a field board he can issue a field reject letter, if that is not done you can continue to apply as long as you wait the required 6 months between applications if there are no significant changes in your application.

That being said, if you apply multiple times and still aren't selected there is probably a reason, and the competition isn't getting easier.

I was suprised to find out how competitive it is. My general line of thinking before I started in my application was that the Navy would be happy to accept qualified and competent people for a commission. But the benefits and rewards of being an officer combined with budget cuts has created a massive surplus of personel and very limited billets. They can litterally take only the best of the best.

Thanks for the responses everyone.
Nothing like that has happened... he was just telling me that no one can apply more than 3 times. Im not worried, I really feel I will be selected at this board.
I was lucky enough to interview with a 2 star Admiral who feels that I am exactly what the Navy wants. He went so far as to write a recommendation in my apparaisal. I feel that combined with the new LORs I receieved from my management, several new technical certifications, and volunteer activities will be enough to get me selected.

I was suprised to find out how competitive it is. My general line of thinking before I started in my application was that the Navy would be happy to accept qualified and competent people for a commission. But the benefits and rewards of being an officer combined with budget cuts has created a massive surplus of personel and very limited billets. They can litterally take only the best of the best.

I am well aware. Ive known that since the first time I applied. Its crazy competitive.