• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many people apply for BDCP

traskilla

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of how many people applied for BDCP. If you do have some information, the percentage of those who get picked up vs those who dont. Im interested in SWO and supply. BTW I scored a 56 on the ASTB, well the portion i had to take atleast. I havent taken the PRT but plan to as the last little thing right before I send my app to be reviewed. Thanks in advance

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Not all that many...at least from my month. Some months all are picked, some months none are picked...and anywhere in between.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
damn...those are some low numbers. When I went through there were 200 applicants for 14 pilots slots.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
October had 9 applicants across the board, I think 6 or 7 were picked up.

This seems somewhat inaccurate, especially considering the aviation boards alone have limited the number of packages they review each month to 50. And from what I hear, they are fairly backed up at the moment. Maybe this figure was for your recruiting district, but i'd be willing to bet a nickel that for the whole country there are WAY more than this, especially when you lump supply, aviation and swo together.

Just a thought...

nugget61

pilot
I just went back through my PMs to get the right info - I was one of 8 for BDCP SNA in Oct, sorry not 9. Came from another district's OR, not mine.
You owe me a nickel...

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
You can get a good idea of what it takes to get picked up for those communities by looking at past threads for the boards. There is one for each month, search "boards" in the search function and you will find Aug, Sept, Oct, etc. Also remember that everyone who posts on here is proactive and probably has a better shot at being selected due to their drive and mitivation.

Your OAR is fine for those communities, I scored 58 and was selected BDCP for both. It shouldn't matter what the percentages are, submit your beat possible package and pray to the Navy gods. What is the rest of your package like? GPA, Major, PRT...