• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingJ2003

I am taking the ASTB December 4th. I honestly do not think I have a shot at aviation. If they take me that would be grand. My real question is if I want to go to OCS ASAP, how long from the day I take the exam do you estimate before I am in Florida?

version2point0

if you are done with school and you have taken the MEPS medical exam, then your test scores are processed in about 2 or 3 weeks after taking the test (although you do get raw scores immediately after the test to find out what programs you qualify for) and your packet is submitted to the board after that. waiting to hear back from the selection board takes anywhere from 1 to 6 months (quickly sometimes longer) and then your OCS date is calculated after you are selected, which could be as early as 2 months or as late as 5.

so in short, youre looking at a wait time of 4 to 10 months. someone back me up on this

-v2.0

Meridiani

It can take a lot longer than that. My OCS date was 7.5 months out from my selection date. If I count up the time from when my second application was submitted, it was about 11 months from submission to OCS. However, it was about a year and a half between taking the ASTB and my OCS date--my first application was rejected.

Not trying to scare anyone off, but you should know that it may take longer than you initially anticipate.

FlyingJ2003

v2.0,

Yeah, I just typed my last college paper. I take the final in two weeks, then I am done with college. I want to go in the Navy ASAP.I wish I had of known to apply while in school, then maybe I could be going in a few weeks. I never really thought it would take as long, but it does make perfect sense.

Meridiani,
Were you rejected to flight school or OCS? Good job on getting in the second time.

bart27

I report Jan 3, which will be 13 months since I took the ASTB. If I had reported to OCS on Oct 18 it would have only been 11 months. I started the application process back in Sept of 2002. Word of advice...be patient...the process does not happen over night.

Meridiani

Originally posted by FlyingJ2003
Meridiani,
Were you rejected to flight school or OCS?

My first application to OCS was rejected, or more precisely, I was a non-select for each of my three designator choices. Take a look at my profile if you want more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.