• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how long does it take before you know you're selected SNA?

dirtydog

It's about a month. I submitted in early August and learned in mid October.

Don't fret about it. You're accepted or you're not.

Last numbers I saw, over 80% were accepted with aviation as first choice.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
I second the above post. It took me about a month and a half to find out (submitted package in August, learned mid October). As long as you've got a competitive GPA, good fitreps, and decent ASTB scores you should be golden. Fair warning: don't put subs too high if your GPA is stellar. Kid from my unit had to jump through hoops to get SNA (1st choice) because the sub community wanted him.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
C420sailor: Since my freshman year, it seems that they're taking less and less time to do the boards. Freshman year, all the guys submitted dream sheets in September and found out 24 Dec. Last year, it seemed like they submitted around mid-September and found out in November. This year, dream sheets were due 26 Aug, and selections came out 15 Oct. I vaguely remember my XO saying something that they might eventually swap to NROTC selecting 2nd semester 2/C year, which would explain them slowly moving up the dates (but don't quote me on that).

STARFlight145

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

According to my HRA, the board convenes on the OCT 1 and I probably won't find out till late DEC, usually right before Christmas. This is how it went for the last batch of SNA's who commissioned from my school. According to what you guys are telling me, I'm not sure if the same will ring true for me. Would be outstanding to find out earlier!

Some of my info:

GPA - 3.0
ASTB - 6/7/6 47
Overall PFA - Excellent High