• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How is the OAR timed and Scored?

fryer35

I took the ASTB once and got a 46, 5, 5, 6, 44 (not good enough) and I am studying to take it again. I find myself strugging with the OAR portions due to the time restraints. Does anyone know how the algorithm on the OAR actually works? Like what determines if you get less or more questons? I have been studing the math with 1 minute and 20sec per problem and struggling a lot to keep up. Is this a realistic pace or will I have longer on the actual exam depending on how I do.

villo0692

I took the ASTB once and got a 46, 5, 5, 6, 44 (not good enough) and I am studying to take it again. I find myself strugging with the OAR portions due to the time restraints. Does anyone know how the algorithm on the OAR actually works? Like what determines if you get less or more questons? I have been studing the math with 1 minute and 20sec per problem and struggling a lot to keep up. Is this a realistic pace or will I have longer on the actual exam depending on how I do.
Stop worrying about that stuff and just study for the test subjects. If you find yourself struggling way too much with one question then just move on. I myself didn’t finish the math portion and now here I am in flight school

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

There’s an entire thread/section on here about the ASTB. Use the search function to find that as well as other tips to help improve your score.

MotorCookie

I finished my second attempt at the ASTB and scored pretty well (8/9/9). During the test, I was not able to finish all of the reading and mechanical questions in time, however, it does not seem to have impacted my score too much.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

The test use adaptive, it’ll kick you out when it feels it knows your level of Math, etc… So if you’re getting a lot wrong it will probably kick you out. If you keep getting them right then the questions will get harder and you’ll keep going.

The 5 PFAR is your ANIT+UAV+ Stick work on your eye hand coordination google “Jantzen sim airwarriors” you’ll find the link to the sim. For the the UAV go to the App Store and download the ASTB app that’s like 15 bucks.