• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How is the NROTC program at these schools?

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I did a year at the one with 3,500 students that cost me $19k a semester, then I transferred to the one without a football team. Or I could have gone to the community college that just started offering 4 year degrees.

Jacksonville University versus University of Michigan. Definitely a difference.
JU is a good school. True, a finacial bargain it is not. It has no big football, but it has small classes where the professors actually show up in person. It is a good choice for anyone with an NROTC scholarship. To say it is not a REAL college is being dishonest.

Note: Yes, I did graduate from JU...probably before you were born.

cameron172

pilot
JU is a good school. True, a finacial bargain it is not. It has no big football, but it has small classes where the professors actually show up in person. It is a good choice for anyone with an NROTC scholarship. To say it is not a REAL college is being dishonest.

Note: Yes, I did graduate from JU...probably before you were born.

I should switch REAL with TRADITIONAL. I won't argue that JU has some good academics and they love the navy. It's a good place if you're on scholarship. I'm a CP/Advanced Standing mid so that's why I switched. But as far as a "traditional" college life like at UF, UM, UGA, *other "state university"*, Jacksonville is lacking. I don't see many "JU Alumni!" or "Osprey Pride!" license plates or shirts outside of jax.

MasterBates

School reformed as Kettering University. Now KU. Wants money because I went to the school they grew out of.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Huh, a dude in my squadron got his degree from Kettering. Didn't realize that's where it evolved.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I don't see many "JU Alumni!" or "Osprey Pride!" license plates or shirts outside of jax.

I've seen more than my fair share of JU patches. Maybe that's a P-3 in Jacksonville thing, but it was more than I could count on one hand.

MasterBates

Huh, a dude in my squadron got his degree from Kettering. Didn't realize that's where it evolved.
Anyone that graduated before say 04/05 timeframe? If so, might know them. Small school, so even the Seniors know a lot of the Freshmen/Sophomores.

I was a 2001 ME-Auto grad, but it was still GMI on my degree.

cameron172

pilot
I've seen more than my fair share of JU patches. Maybe that's a P-3 in Jacksonville thing, but it was more than I could count on one hand.
I haven't been paying too much attention, but I haven't noticed many other patches for other alma maters. I'm sure they exist though...?

Attachments

• JU patch.jpg
    JU patch.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 24

MasterBates

BAM.

GMI Patch.

gmipatch.jpg

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mentioned USNA. If you're a senior, I'm assuming you've already got your nomination and admissions paperwork in; otherwise you're way, way behind the curve.

And ditto the above: major in Aero if you want to be an Aero Engineer. If you want to be a pilot, major in something you like and you're good at, and that will lead into a career you want if the pilot thing doesn't work out.

Actually, that should be your main critera for choosing a school as well, not the quality of the ROTC unit. I will tell you, the Fleet don't care. An Ensign is an Ensign. There's not much difference between the performance of alumni of State U 'A' ROTC vs State U 'B' ROTC in the program, and accession source is something CNATRA/NASC tracks closely.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone that graduated before say 04/05 timeframe? If so, might know them. Small school, so even the Seniors know a lot of the Freshmen/Sophomores.

I was a 2001 ME-Auto grad, but it was still GMI on my degree.

Nope, he's younger than that.