• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How is everybody preparing physically for NSI?

kekio86

I just want to know how is everybody preparing physically for NSI. I think I am going to approach the Crossfit side for 2 months to get "fit".
Any suggestions?

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
The trail there is 3.2 miles. You will be running it as an ability-based group probably twice a week. None of it was "hard." If you want to do better, practice running 3 miles and do some calisthenics. I am not a PT guru, and was never at the tail end of the group. Crossfit is good. Any physical activity, for that matter, is good. Just be ready to give it your all, and you'll do well. If you do well on the PRT, you'll be fine.

WeatherGoddess

I just want to know how is everybody preparing physically for NSI. I think I am going to approach the Crossfit side for 2 months to get "fit".
Any suggestions?

Be careful with crossfit, the excercises can end up hurting you more than helping if you don't do them right. You also want to be in pretty good shape already before you start it. I would recomend just the basic Running 3-4 times a week and doing core excercises. The stronger your core is the more everything improves :)

NatBull

I have not ran a PRT since boot camp. I am a very strong swimmer, but a terrible runner. I am guessing that swimming is not going to be an option for the PRT at NSI. Anybody have any information on that matter? Guess it is time to re-hire the personal trainer!!

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Who ever says crossfit does more harm than good is an IDIOT. The only time an exercise will hurt you is if you do it incorrectly. Crossfit mentions this a million times and provides alternative exercises until you get more fit. PT is the only thing in the military that doesn't take rocket science. If you need to get better at running, get your butt off the couch and run. You need to get better at situps, do situps.

OscarMyers

None
A big thing they hit on in the last NSI class is proper push up form. Make sure your not doing "fleet" pushups, you should be going all the way down and all the way up. They sent some folks back to the fleet for PRT failures, so make sure you can pass one with a good high.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
You got it. I don't remember it being an option at the ROTC unit, either.

I love my Marine Corps LTCOL CO in a Navy Squadron, telling the healthy boys that he wont approve their waiver to ride a tricycle for the PRT. Suck it up and RUN!