• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How high is this ATF scandle going to go?

Bevo16

pilot
I was at that Wal-Mart in West Memphis just a few hours before the shoot out between the "soverign citizens" and the police went down. I was returning from a trip, and had my AR and M-14 in the truck and had stopped for an ammo re-supply.

Those guys had AK's and knew how to use them. The cop that pulled them over was the son of the West Memphis police chief. At first, the feeling was that it might have been a "payback" killing because WMPD had basically murdered a black kid about a year before that, and the cop got off with nothing. In a lot of respects, it is still 1920ish wild west down here with law enforcement, except everyone has better guns and the focus is dope instead of moonshine.

navyao

I've heard that about being down south, pay is a lot lower, training isn't as good, as it is up here. The incident your talking about is the one I saw as well, that was the first time I've ever hear about them. I would imagine meth is the drug of choice down south. Here it's still crack in the hood but we're seeing a lot of heroin and prescription drugs are a big problem too, anything with opiates.

We train that very scenario; pull over a car, suspect(s) get out and start shooting - it's eye watering. More copers are killed during domestic violence calls and traffic stops than anything, well heart attacks and crashes are up there too...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Bevo, one of those "sovereign citizens" used his AK-47 to shoot up a crawdad shop in north Pensacola two weeks ago. He got into a car chase/smash-up and the deputies got him. Strange as it sounds, he posted bail the next morning and was out for a few hours before the Sheriff's office picked him up and booked him on better charges. Scary and bizarre stuff.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20110602...ged-Crawfish-shortage-spurs-shooting-business