• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How hard is OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmettoguy4519

Considering that most of the canadites in ocs are fresh out of college with little military experience,I was wondering how intense the program is? What are the physical demands? What are the main things I can do to prepare, both academically and physically? Do alot of people fail out?
THANKS
PAL. GUY

WFU2USN

Pal. Guy,

Not to be trite, but take a look around at old posts and that will give you an idea of what life at OCS is like - look and then ask questions...as the answers are throughout this forum. Also, take a look at www.usnavyocs.com.

People succeed and people fail at OCS - it's all about your mindset. I know plenty who've succeded with no prior service.
IS1(SCW)

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I heard that they serve you breakfast in bed and ask you pretty please to do things, but that was for the Air Force.

anselmosna

Know your big 4 before going in, get yourself in top physical condition, and work your ass off while you are there. You will be suprized at how easy OCS is with a little preparation and effort.

ElPensador

Code of Conduct, 11 General Orders of a Sentry, USN and USMC Rank Structure, and the Chain of Command. I think it's in the Gouge section on this site...

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Palm Guy,

Hardly anyone fails out of OCS. You have to be a major turd to do that. Most people who don't get through voluntarily quit. It's physically demanding, and you'll have to deal with lack of sleep. Not everyone finishes in 13 weeks though, to give you an idea, my class graduated 54, and only 37 of us started with the class. Basically, if you truly want to be a naval officer, you'll suck it up and get through it. If you're doing it because you can't find a job and need a resume builder, you'll probably DOR (Drop on Request).

Status
Not open for further replies.