• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do I make SailorBob let me in?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Yes, but in a different way. We even have our very own post whores over there too....that would put even you to shame. :D

Ever surf AR15.com? There are people there with posts in the 10s of thousands... yes... that many. :eek:

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Ever surf AR15.com? There are people there with posts in the 10s of thousands... yes... that many. :eek:

From ar15.com:
The Most Users Online Was 65361 On 5/29/2005 12:45:01 PM .
We have 101237 registered members, 101043 are active accounts.
There have been 993901 topics created and 11386985 replies.

:eek:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
From ar15.com:
The Most Users Online Was 65361 On 5/29/2005 12:45:01 PM .
We have 101237 registered members, 101043 are active accounts.
There have been 993901 topics created and 11386985 replies.

:eek:

Yeah, it's nuts. One of the largest boards on the internet (can't remember where it was ranked, not like top 10 or anything). I always wonder what kind of servers they have going.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
DanMav1156 said:
Just wondering, Steve and Webmaster, you guys ever run into any trouble with the press snooping on this site?
No. But then again, we have a great MOD team, and we do a pretty good job policing the site. Now, I have "overheard" that at times AW as a site was not "looked fondly upon" by the powers that be...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I always wonder what kind of servers they have going.
Some of these high end boards are pretty amazing with multiple servers to handle the queries. There was a case study/exaplanation of a high end VB setup using 5 servers. Needless to say, this site is small potatoes and I doubt at our present rate of growth that we will need to transition past 1 server :D

MasterBates

My DH (you may know him as "Penguin") snoops at times. I have seen it open on his desktop. Lurker only from what I see.

I am rather ambivalent about what he thinks of my posts. I am fairly vocal at work as well. 3 of 4 COs have liked that, and the current XO/PXO do so I can speak freely as long as its only O's/CPO's around.

VAmookie

webmaster said:
No. But then again, we have a great MOD team, and we do a pretty good job policing the site. Now, I have "overheard" that at times AW as a site was not "looked fondly upon" by the powers that be...

This I can actually vouch for.
Undermining good order and discipline? What? Me? Noooo

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Yeah, it's nuts. One of the largest boards on the internet (can't remember where it was ranked, not like top 10 or anything). I always wonder what kind of servers they have going.

Clearly they're not the running SUX2000 servers we use....

univac.jpg