• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do I make SailorBob let me in?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Ok, as much as I love Airwarriors, I'd like to peruse and possibly post a thing or two on Sailorbob.com (but otherwise keep a low profile). Yes, SWO's agh, I know, I know....

I know the site says "SWO's only," but I also know non-SWO's are members. I've tried to register twice, and twice, my initial acceptance has gone through, but I was never actually approved to view the site's content (mod has to approve your account).

Fellow posters (Steve??), will they let me in, and if so, how?

P.S. Anyone who's been "applicating" into BDCP or OCS; non-nuke SWO requires calc and physics, 2 semesters each?? Yes? No? If it isn't required, but just suggested, any recruiters know if this will likely change to "yes, you need the calc and physics" in the next two or three years when I apply?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Well, you've gone through step one, and graduated high school. Now, go through step two and graduate college. Then step three get a commission in the Navy as a SWO. Then, you can get on Sailorbob's. otherwise, why the hell would you want to go there?

Chubby

Barnard1425 said:
which makes me some sort of electronic pretender (e-poser?).
I've seen you ...
20051130-poser-mobile.gif

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
I personally wouldn't recommend posting. I don't think that fudging the registration and cruising for gouge affects the integrity of the site. But the powers that be at SailorBob want all threads and posts to come straight from Navy personnel, and I feel that that should be respected.

Besides, it appears that their frequent posters generally know (or at least know of) each other. A faker would be easy to spot.
That makes sense.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Don't go to SB... no good can come of it... I went there for a while.. but then I thought I was gonna be a SWO at one point... (actually had the prders)...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing wrong with SailorBob just as there's nothing wrong with Airwarriors. Each site caters to a different demographic. The vast majority of people on SB are O-3 or above and SWOs. The vast majority of those on AW are O-2 or below and aren't even winged yet. Each discussion board has a different flavor and I visit/post on each for different reasons. A lot of stuff we talk about on SB has absolutely nothing to do with SWO sh!t and we like it that way.

As for the site's philosophy in only allowing SWOs in (with some exceptions), I don't particularly agree with it. But it's not my sandbox, so I don't worry about it.

Barnard1425 said:
Besides, it appears that their frequent posters generally know (or at least know of) each other. A faker would be easy to spot.
Pretty much.

sproc

Black shoe lurker here. I'm not a mod at SB, but a long time member and poster. A while back, they had some serious issues with press and senior enlisted trolling on the site (there are some extremely frank discussions about CPOs, for instance, among other things).

A huge effort was made to tighten up membership to verified commissioned officers (as well as MIDN/OC). If you can, I would suggest you attempt to register from your .mil e-mail, as it will make the verification much easier. Not sure of the current policy on new membership, but I know there are active contributors who are intel, sub, supply and CEC folks.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
actually they had a spot for midshipmen, no lying needed to get in.

edit: never mind its been said

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
sproc said:
Black shoe lurker here. I'm not a mod at SB, but a long time member and poster. A while back, they had some serious issues with press and senior enlisted trolling on the site (there are some extremely frank discussions about CPOs, for instance, among other things).

That's real smart. Looks like instead of learning from the lesson of "the internet is NOT anonymous", they just clamped down and continued with business as usual? Not to sound like a dick, but it just seems counter-intuitive.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
That's real smart. Looks like instead of learning from the lesson of "the internet is NOT anonymous", they just clamped down and continued with business as usual? Not to sound like a dick, but it just seems counter-intuitive.
Most of us are over there are not worried about being anonymous. A lot of us know who each other is. We just don't want enlisted personnel or the press "hearing" our discussions. As said, they can be pretty frank. I think it should be open for other commissioned officers, however. There's some pretty good information there for the officer community as a whole.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Just wondering, Steve and Webmaster, you guys ever run into any trouble with the press snooping on this site?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Most of us are over there are not worried about being anonymous. A lot of us know who each other is. We just don't want enlisted personnel or the press "hearing" our discussions. As said, they can be pretty frank. I think it should be open for other commissioned officers, however. There's some pretty good information there for the officer community as a whole.

Ok... nothing wrong with talking openly so long as it's understood by all that it's the interweb and it's not secure. I've never really checked the site out, is it as lively as AW?

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanMav1156 said:
Just wondering, Steve and Webmaster, you guys ever run into any trouble with the press snooping on this site?
Cate can be quite a troublemaker sometimes. :D

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I've never really checked the site out, is it as lively as AW?
Yes, but in a different way. We even have our very own post whores over there too....that would put even you to shame. :D