• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do boards work?

When it comes to OCS boards, are they similar to regular boards? For example, when there's a board at the command, there's an email sent to all First Classes or Chiefs about the board and that there is a need for a certain number of them to help in for the upcoming board? Is that the same for OCS boards? Like, is the Supply OCM just reaching out to fellow SUPPOs to see who have time to sit a board and choose the future of the Navy?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
When it comes to OCS boards, are they similar to regular boards? For example, when there's a board at the command, there's an email sent to all First Classes or Chiefs about the board and that there is a need for a certain number of them to help in for the upcoming board? Is that the same for OCS boards? Like, is the Supply OCM just reaching out to fellow SUPPOs to see who have time to sit a board and choose the future of the Navy?

Yes, but a bit more formal than that. Board members are chosen, a board precept (ie: guidance) is written and reviewed and then the selection board reviews and selects packages.

GodisGoodAlways

Trust the Process!
Is it common to receive a call from an OCM to re-determine your 1st and 2nd choice, and ask you to drop your 2nd choice since you already have good feedback with your first choice? In short, they do not want to be competing for you if you already have good chances (by your first choice alone)?

exNavyOffRec

Is it common to receive a call from an OCM to re-determine your 1st and 2nd choice, and ask you to drop your 2nd choice since you already have good feedback with your first choice? In short, they do not want to be competing for you if you already have good chances (by your first choice alone)?
No, what board are you going for.

Ordie

Good evening. Does TIS play a significant factor at the board for selection? For example, I'm AD with 11 years TIS. For LDO/CWO, I know that this isn't a negative factor. But is it for OCS programs under PA's that currently doesn't have a TIS limit? Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

Good evening. Does TIS play a significant factor at the board for selection? For example, I'm AD with 11 years TIS. For LDO/CWO, I know that this isn't a negative factor. But is it for OCS programs under PA's that currently doesn't have a TIS limit? Thanks.
It can, it just depends on the designator, but if there is no info in the PA just go for it.