• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How did i do?

cwyx

Well I got my ASTB scores back i got a 6/6/6. How competitive is that for a college freshman applying for marine PLC SNA? The Sgt. at my OSO's office says the marines dont look at the OAR when considering applicants. I thought they did no?

snake020

Contributor
Well I got my ASTB scores back i got a 6/6/6.

Those are decent scores. Unfortunately, NAVAIR has looked at that combo in the past and views it as an indicator that you are actually a member of the Axis of Evil... try to get straight 7s next time and you'll be on your way to Pensacola.

surferb

Based on this chart from 04 you're looking at being in the top 27% of people that take the test. Definately good enough to get picked up. Your grades, letters of rec, etc, etc and most importantly, needs of the service, will dictate the response. I heard from my buddies at the Naval Academy that marine air was tougher to get into wrt those scores. For them a 4 was the min NFO, 5 min Naval aviator, 6 min Marine aviator. I can't verify that...it's just what I was told from a friend.

Well I got my ASTB scores back i got a 6/6/6. How competitive is that for a college freshman applying for marine PLC SNA? The Sgt. at my OSO's office says the marines dont look at the OAR when considering applicants. I thought they did no?