• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How big is everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdgenmarine

I'm also 5'9" and weigh in at about 190 now. I wrestle at 174. LAst season my certification weigh-in was at 184 (7% bodyfat). I'm not huge by any means but my legs are like trees. I'm eating like it's wrestling season, also trying to get my weight in line with the guidelines...soooo, please don't fret about being small...the bigger you are the bigger target you make, and the less concealment you can find!

jaerose

Yes it matters...haven't you seen that infomercial on late-night tv with all the 'adult film' stars?

Yeah, I wrestled 152 in HS, but I've put on about 35lbs. of muscle since then. At 188, I would be at around 5-6% BF. That's figuring a little bit of muscle loss, too.

JR

charger

It doesn't matter how big or small you are, you'll end up with in some pain after log races. Actaully a ton of fun... after it's over. Oh and the secret to the log is teamwork.

jaerose

Crap, you mean all that social interaction bull-crap they taught me in Kindergarten was for real? Man, I hate to share...but I sure can color inside the lines!

JR

farkle84

log races. i was one of the taller guys and its nice how the long bumps on your shoulder with all its weight. you get some nice bruises.

jaerose

That sucks. Should we sew shoulder pads into our PT gear? Maybe the DIs will let us put towels on them for padding =)

JR

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Be very careful about your weight in the Corps - regardless of your bodyfat. There is an emphasis on personal appearance and the Marine Corps prefers runners over lifters. We had one lieutenant who reported to PCola with a double signed fitrep for being overweight (and over bodyfat due to the neck/waist ratio debacle) but on the fitrep was a mandatory entry for outstanding physical fitness due to his greater than 285 PFT score.

Jeremy

Listen to 46Driver. They use tape measures and such to follow weight guidelines. One of my friends that was leaning a little heavy because of the gym and lack of cardio was booted after a PCS to another unit. The unit was appauled at how fat he had gotten. Marines are LEAN-MEAN-FIGHTING MACHINES. Live by that rule and you will be fine. Eat right, pt, and enjoy being in the top 20% of US citizens that actually give a damn about their appearance. Marines don't want BOA's (if you don't know, you'll figure it out soon enough).

-J

davidsin

Well I get the crap end of the stick all around. I'm 5'6 150 hmm I don't like to think I have small hands but I guess I do. I'm pretty light on the pull-up bar and running/swimming is not too hard, but carrying loads on humps is the challenge for me. I'm pretty ripped up for a little guy and highly motivated to prove that I can be a Lean-Mean-Fighting-Machine.

I wonder is there's some kind of test in the Corps to measure the size of your balls.

------------------------------------------
Semper Fi

jaerose

davidsin,

I hear they measure your balls with calipers, but only upon request. J/K. Seriously, if you want to work on carrying loads during humps...get to the gym and do moderate weight moderate rep squats, then get some dumbells and do high rep walking lunges. You could also try to add some weight and walk on a treadmill at a steep incline...maybe a backpack, or one of those weight vests. People might gawk at first, but then they'd get used to it.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.