• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How bad of vision is waiverable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vballindaytona

Michael,

i was told that i was 20/50 by two prk surgeons and one walmart eye lady (hell they were doing free eye exams). I talked to two different recruiters, and they both told me the same thing, NOMI STRICTLY adheres to the 20/40 cutoff, and there were no chances of a waiver. I had my prk surgery scheduled, and a week before the actual surgery my mom had a eye appt and talked to the doc about my situation. she (ret army doc) told my mother for me to come in in four days, and for the next four days to NOT wear my glasses/contacts. I did, and I saw 20/40 in each eye. When i was w/ the surgeons and seeing 20/50, i wore my contacts all day, then when time to do the exam took them out. so i took this idea w/ me when i went to meps, and i didn't wear any corrective type of lenses a week before. I saw 20/20 left eye, 20/30 right eye at meps. I can also tell a difference in my eyesight when i haven't worn any correction for days, and i do see slightly better. I would take this into consideration, and have him go a week w/out glasses/contacts and get an eye exam. The surgeons both agreed that w/ my "20/50" vision that the surgery would have to go almost nearly perfect for them not to overcorrect since the laser would be correcting such a small error. I already quit wearing contacts/glasses until my NOMI physical (prob 4 months away)...haha...can never be too safe ;) hope this helps.

jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.