• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How bad/good is Bahrain living?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Cuz you'd be getting so much ass on the boat? I'm not saying dating prospects aren't a concern, but c'mon dude.

The boat doesn't spend an entire tour underway, whereas you're stuck in Bahrain when you aren't on leave. Your odds are better pretty much anywhere else. Unless you're into ladyboys, then this island is definitely for you.

Speaking of leave...in case anyone was wondering, if you aren't actually deployed here, you take leave like a normal person. It isn't like some unaccompanied gigs in this AOR where you just get a mid tour at some point. Also, for a lot of commands travel to the Gulf States is special lib vice leave, which is a good deal if you want to check out Oman (I've heard good things) or go to Dubai if you haven't had seven port calls there already.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Bump. If anyone on here is doing the unaccompanied thing in C5F/Bahrain/Similar, can you shoot me a PM? Have a few questions.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Bump bumpity bump bump bump. I'm in Bahrain for my disassociated sea tour now, feel free to hit me up if anyone has questions about this in leiu of the boat.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I was asking about your old avatar with the giraffe... or maybe I'm thinking of something else.