• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How bad do you not want to deploy?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Hmm, another 5th fleet deployment or a hole in the leg. I've often said I need to go back to the desert like I need a hole in my leg, but I'd really have to think about if I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.

exNavyOffRec

What type of person would think getting shot in the leg is a good idea, and then what husband would agree it sounds like a good idea?

What REALLY gets me is this pair of idiots has kids!

CAMike

None
Contributor
We had an OS1 that jammed a Q-Tip swab so far into his eardrum that he had to be hospitalized the day prior to a deployment. Weeks later he had to meet up with the ship en-route. The bizarre efforts to avoid a deployment are only limited by ones imagination.

exNavyOffRec

We had an OS1 that jammed a Q-Tip swab so far into his eardrum that he had to be hospitalized the day prior to a deployment. Weeks later he had to meet up with the ship en-route. The bizarre efforts to avoid a deployment are only limited by ones imagination.

Bringing back memories, I had a BU2 that worked for me on shore duty who was gone for several hours and when he returned told me he was at medical getting an eraser out of his ear, it had fallen off while he was scratching the inside of his ear with it and become stuck, he never lived that down.

sonarchick

I never understood why anyone would volunteer for a job that entails being deployed away for home only to try getting out of it when the inevitable happens.
But then, I'm kind of a nutcase - I would give up a hell of a lot right now to deploy again.

Flugelman

Contributor
Damn, wish I had thought of this way back when I was deploying...

Nah, never mind.
She probably wouldda missed and shot me in the balls. :eek:;)