• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Houston Area: Interested in Naval Aviation?

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm honored that you would consider driving up CSO. Your in luck when you drive up, there are bumps in the road so that an old guy like you can drive by braille especially if your hairdye runs and ruins whatever eyesight you have left!!
Tell you what Cowboy, if you have any contacts with the Navy Officer Recruiter I could use the help from you or the Commodore to motivate them. As stated in a previous post, I think I scare them off!

BTW, everyone that has responded here on the forum or PM's, I'm overwhelmed! I usually give dog and pony shows when the recruiters ask me but this response has been motivating. I will post the dates and I look forward to talking with everyone who is interested.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Frumbowitz,

I don't know the local recruiters there but you can find them on CNRC.navy.mil and spool them up. Might be short notice for Navy types this week - lots of important coffee to drink and clubs to swing - but for the future, ya know. If they don't feel like playing, let me know. Thanks for showing off the bright side of this job. I still can't believe we get paid to do it!

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Actually Cowboy,
I have called them at a few times at different locations around the country but they always seem to lack interest. Maybe I can find a field with a Dunkin Donuts so I can get them to show up. I'll see you this week in KRock.

To all interested: I will be bringing a T-45 into Ellington on this Wednesday night ETA 2100. I'll be at the jet at 1000 on Thursday. I'll be glad to speak to anyone. BTW, you see a lot of conversation on this thread about recruiters. I am not a recruiter but I get the recruiters involved to answer questions about OCS, testing and current issues involved with signing up. Cowboy and I went to OCS when Ronald Reagan was in office (of course I've aged better then him) so my info is a little dated. I try to bring the horses mouth to answer your questions vice what you read on this forum. Regardless, I'm looking forward to speaking with everyone!

Semper Fi!

Frumby

efini_kid

well i wont be able to make it out for this one... i have class at 11:00 on thursday. please post up next time you will be in town, preferably with a lil notice so i can make sure i can go. i dont wanna miss a good opportunity like this!

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
I try to bring the horses mouth to answer your questions vice what you read on this forum.
Semper Fi!

Frumby,

Look forward to seeing you again. For anyone planning to attend Phrumbie's Phantastic Phly-in take note - I'm an expert on horses and the end Frumby brings doesn't have a mouth on it.:cowboy_12

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Ya know, sometimes you just can't comment on an insult that has been so eloquently stated! I'll get you later.
To those I missed, I'll post again when I fly in. Douglas, it was great to meet with you. I sincerely hope that it was worthwhile. Please tell you recruiter that I'm available to speak to any of his prospective candidates if they have questions.

Semper Fi!

Frumby

BTW, what you can't see from Cowboys AVATAR is the horse sweating and straining due to the extreme WEIGHT on his back!

MasterBates

Interweb capable phone: $120
Service plan for phone: $70
Watching 2 O-5s I know go at it from Starbucks: Priceless!

DFSpence

Ya know, sometimes you just can't comment on an insult that has been so eloquently stated! I'll get you later.
To those I missed, I'll post again when I fly in. Douglas, it was great to meet with you. I sincerely hope that it was worthwhile. Please tell you recruiter that I'm available to speak to any of his prospective candidates if they have questions.

Semper Fi!

Frumby

BTW, what you can't see from Cowboys AVATAR is the horse sweating and straining due to the extreme WEIGHT on his back!

Thank YOU Lt. Col.

If anyone else in the Houston area can make the time to head out to Ellington sometime, I highly recommend it. Frumby was friendly and was eager to answer any questions I had.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Trading quips with Frumby...It's like wrestling a pig, - you may win, but you still end up dirty with a suspicious feeling that the pig enjoyed it.