• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing in Pensacola

I recently finished up TBS and should be heading to Pensacola after a few months of French here in Quantico. I was just wondering if anyone has helpful information on how to find a larger selection of condos near NAS Pensacola. I'm familiar with the area but every little search engine or website only shows a few of the same listings over and over. Thanks for any help

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
google search helped me, plenty of websites designed to steer gold bars into a temporary home. The marines I know have follow on orders, whiting ( they picked somewhere in-between), corpus ( their living on the beach). You could always come down check it out for yourself and get a nice room at the Hy-YUT.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
For the record, I like where I'm living - Village at Southern Oaks. The management here has been nothing short of great, decent gym, quiet, pool, hot tub, etc. PM me if you want more info. The downside is you're looking at 15-20 mins to the schoolhouse each morning, but I don't think it's that bad - all the guys who live out the back gate have at least a 10 minute drive from the back gate to the schoolhouse (ughgh those speed limits are painstaking!)

SpeednAngles

Could any of you guys recommend any places in Perdido Key? I'm looking for 1 bedroom places. I don't really want to be more than 15 minutes from NAS Pensacola.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Live downtown Pcola, not out the back gate, and definitely not on the key. It will pay huge dividends and you're only 15 mins from Matsg-21 or API.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Live downtown Pcola, not out the back gate, and definitely not on the key. It will pay huge dividends and you're only 15 mins from Matsg-21 or API.

Seconded. Perdido wasn't that nice and there was nothing closeby worth going to. Unless you count a 15 min drive to Florabama "close"

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
I'm weighing the pros/cons, just was wondering if you could elaborate.

There's nothing to do out there except the Bama and maybe one or two other crappy bars. Downtown has the only good stuff around this place: Bars, good food, music, nicer shops, etc. Out the back gate is close to nothing except a crap Walmart and Target. Downtown you're as close as you can get to everything. Being able to walk to Fish House on Wednesdays and to walk to Gallery Night(s) will pay off...or going down to the festivals or music in the park (or whatever they call it). Live downtown...from someone who lived out the back gate to be "close" to base; I still drove 15 mins to work every morning, and it took the same time from right on the water by Fish House when I'd stay at my g/f's.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Nope. Look for small condos or other places as close to S.Palafox or Seville as you can. I'm not recommending Seville Quarter (quite the opposite), but it's in the middle of all the good.

navyavi469

pilot
If you have a family and want quality housing, quiet neighborhoods, and closeness to base... live on the west side of town. If you are a single API stud and want to spend your nights boozing and womanizing... live downtown. The commute to North Field is probably worth living down town given how little there would be to do in Milton.