• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing at BDOC

SeaHawk2011

FinSel SWO
From what I understand, SWOs now go to through an 8 week BDOC between OCS and their ship. During these 8 weeks, are you responsible for finding your own housing or does the Navy put you up in the barracks or something like that?

Thanks.

BigRed389

None
From what I understand, SWOs now go to through an 8 week BDOC between OCS and their ship. During these 8 weeks, are you responsible for finding your own housing or does the Navy put you up in the barracks or something like that?

Thanks.

If it's anywhere but your ship's homeport, you're living the hotel life...on base if rooms are available, off base if not, you'll get an allowance to cover it either way.

If it's at your ship's homeport, I think it depends how your orders are written, but the smart thing to do would be to just find the place you intend to settle into for your tour there.