• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hotels for Family to Stay at During Grad

Status
Not open for further replies.

emart69

My family is trying to plan ahead of schedule for my OCS graduation at the end of August. I was just wondering what are some good Hotels for family to stay at near OCS during graduation. Any info will be greatly appreciated

emart69

bump

"Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us."
- Winston Churchill

phrogs

There is a nice navy lodge on the base right on the beach. its down there towards the aviation museum. Try www.navy-lodge.com or 1-800-NAVY-INN (1-800-628-9466). That's where my family stayed and it was pretty nice. I actually made the reservations for them from the payphone in OCS. Good luck, and CONGRATS!!!

Phrogs 4 Ever!!!!

WFU2USN

emart69,

I would suggest the Navy Lodge. The rates are typically very reasonable and I'm sure there's one down there.

http://www.navy-lodge.com/

http://www.navy-lodge.com/united_states/florida/pensacola.html

1 800 NAVY INN

Robin
IS2(SCW)

demax182

CEC Officer from Class 15-03
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I would concentrate more on getting through OCS the scheduled 13 weeks. I knew a lot of people who got their graduation plans all screwed up because of being rolled back several weeks for various reasons. Focus on immediate future rather than the distant future.

Off that subject, if you can't get reservations at the Navy Lodge, there's a good Comfort Inn nearby base. It's where my parents stayed at. Here's the phone number, 866-611-9330. Congratulations and good luck.

emart69

Thanks for the help, I'm not trying to be cocky by making plans early, it's just cheaper to book things now and labor day weekend is always busy no matter where you are. If something happens (god forbid) plans can always be changed. I do appreciate the help though. Gotta have a positive outlook, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

"Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us."
- Winston Churchill

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The MWR also has cabins on the beach that you can rent. You can book them up to 6 months in advance. The Navy lodge is a great place to stay.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

solenita72

SWO Wife
Navy lodge is where we stayed, they even have trailers that have two bedrooms. 30 days is all they let you advance register for, so thirty days before you commission date, start calling, they usually book really quickly!!

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
I reccommend the Navy Lodge. My boyfriend graduated a few weeks ago, and we had him wait until the 9th or 10th week of OCS to call and make reservations, but they were already booked. We ended up staying at the Hampton Inn on Pensacola Beach, which was VERY nice, but a 20+ minute drive to base....which made things a kind of a pain, but staying right on the beach was great. Other members of his class had their families stay at the Navy Lodge, and they all said great things about it! Good luck for the rest of it.

meb6385

Honestly, from my experience, Hotel room prices don't vary based on how far out you reserve, I think that's more what airlines do, but anyway, what I'm trying to say is, don't make any reservations that are going to cost you to lose any money. There are too many very tough evolutions in OCS that could ruin plans in a heartbeat.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can cancel the Navy Lodge reservations all the way up to the night before check in, I believe....so it doesn't hurt to make early reservations!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Molly06

The Navy Lodge is your best bet and it's never too early to make plans because the lodge fills up fast for graduation. My husbands entire family had rooms there and it was so much easier being on base for all the activities for graduation. If you want to get a hotel off base then my choice is the Suburban Lodge. It's right out the front gate and it was pretty nice. I stayed there during the dining out and would recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.