• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hot new helicopter/rotorcraft news

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know about these simulators specifically, but modern sims are designed to be platform neutral. I wouldn't be surprised if adapting them to TH-XX, aka the Bell 407GXi, isn't anything more than swapping out panels.

In 5 years they'll be scrapping those for VR headsets anyway. Big screen motion sims are going the way of the dinosaur.
Then they ain't nothing like the old T-2, A-4, S-3 sim or ANY modern sim I have flown in the airline biz. They were/are all very much platform specific. Am I not understanding what you mean?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I don't know about these simulators specifically, but modern sims are designed to be platform neutral. I wouldn't be surprised if adapting them to TH-XX, aka the Bell 407GXi, isn't anything more than swapping out panels.

In 5 years they'll be scrapping those for VR headsets anyway. Big screen motion sims are going the way of the dinosaur.
I see what you did there ?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Then they ain't nothing like the old T-2, A-4, S-3 sim or ANY modern sim I have flown in the airline biz. They were/are all very much platform specific. Am I not understanding what you mean?

No, you are. The newer helo sims can convert from model to model relatively easily.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
And now a note from our sponsors...

Sikorsky's UTTAS proposal had a fixed stabilator even after winning the contract for a prototype. The "fly-by-wire" stabilator came in during testing of one of the YUH-60A prototypes. Rube Goldberg-ish as it may be, it solved several design issues.

If you fly an H-60 or have flown an H-60, I strongly recommend this book:

Black Hawk: The Story of a World Class Helicopter
By Ray D. Leoni, owner of the design patent for the Black Hawk

or an abbreviated version here in the Jan 2008 newsletter.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program...
@RobLyman a lot of '60's flying in today for Heli Expo in HotLanta. This one bird caught my eye - what model do you think it is? FMS bird? Crew all wearing polo shirts, kahkis and headsets...

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Cable cutters?
Those are definitely wire strike protection. I was talking about above the MLG. Looks like maybe an APR-39 antenna blended into the strut fairing, with something angling forward and down. Looking at it closer and comparing it to our aircraft, it looks similar, but maybe the paint color as well as a slightly different mold makes the fairing look weird.