• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hornet FCS - How does it work in a turn?

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
No hate my friends, I just have a poor sense of humor. As unprofessional as it might sound, I love to spool you guys up … make a smart ass comment,throw in something to insinuate jet dudes are superior, and you guys loose your “jesus nut” :D

I think USMC Helo Bubba was attempting a "spool up" with his comment also.

Semper Fidelis

phrogpilot73

I have nothing against any of my helo breatheran. I've got plenty of helo buds that when we get together we talk shiat on eachother until we're blue in the face but at the end of the day, I still always want them to take me up to base so I can check out there ride.
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I'll check out anything that is capable of leaving the confines of gravity...

Having said that, and having been on this website as one name or another since like 2000, I can honestly say I think the helo guys talk more shiat than the jet guys do. I think that's what Single Seat was getting at, besides does USMC Helo Bubba even have wings or is he just a passenger with knowledge(s).
I think we have a hair trigger about it for two reasons: 1. In flight school, the guys that wanted jets wander around like it was a consolation prize to be in helos. 2. You'd be jumpy too if you flew something that's merely a collection of parts in close formation. ;)

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that USMC Helo Bubba is a winged helo guy in New River. Don't know what he flies though.

No hate my friends, I just have a poor sense of humor. As unprofessional as it might sound, I love to spool you guys up … make a smart ass comment,throw in something to insinuate jet dudes are superior, and you guys loose your “jesus nut” :D

I think USMC Helo Bubba was attempting a "spool up" with his comment also.

Semper Fidelis
Well played my friend, well played ;)

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Hug it out, BITCHES!!!!

Now that's fuckin' funny.

Helos are where I was the busiest actually flying the damned thing. BIs and RIs in the T-45? Easy.

Are you kidding me? I was actually thinking more along the lines of getting aboard on a hot ass night in the Persian Gulf when it's 1/2 mile vis in Haze, it's 1am, you're max trap is also tank +1 on the ball, after a 6.5.

In all honesty I was just poking back an USMC HB, with really no meaning behind it whatever. I love riding along with the helo dudes. I'd give my left nut to have a FLIR as good as theirs.

phrogpilot73

I'd give my left nut to have a FLIR as good as theirs.
Clearly you must be speaking about the Hueys. The Shitter's FLIR is navigation only, and I hear that the Cobra's NTS isn't anything to write home about. Whatever, they both kick the shit out of the FLIR in the Phrog (what's FLIR mean?). It was nice, because it was a whole section of the NVD manual I didn't have to study!

MasterBates

No, I am not kidding. You think a helo lands itself?

Yes, SS, you have more traps/jet time than me. But I have done the other side of the coin. Night small boy approaches are not a cakewalk.

However, BIs to RIs is where I can make the best comparison as it is the most apples to apples comparison. The T-45 is cake to fly compared to the TH-57, as long as you can think fast enough, the stickmonkey skills are not that hard.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
No, I am not kidding. You think a helo lands itself?

Yes, SS, you have more traps/jet time than me. But I have done the other side of the coin. Night small boy approaches are not a cakewalk.

However, BIs to RIs is where I can make the best comparison as it is the most apples to apples comparison. The T-45 is cake to fly compared to the TH-57, as long as you can think fast enough, the stickmonkey skills are not that hard.

Therein lies the rub.....