• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Honestly, as a new NFO, how likely is it that I'll be stationed in some tiny small to

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousGuy

None
Ontoptime...I've already been accepted into OCS. I guess taking your approach to things, I should just completely disregard the future, correct? If I had questions about API, or anything else, I would ask them. Other threads have already answered my questions regarding those topics, so I need not ask. If I want to ask questions about my future and about where I may be stationed, then I thought I was free to do that.

Regarding my profile, I am now back in Ohio and not working. I was working as a consultant in before, and then returned stateside to pursue a commission. I'll update.

careerO-3

pilot
Listen, dude. I don't think the question you are asking is out of line or anything, but this thread gives you an idea about how people can "jump to conclusions" (office space) based on the words you choose or your tone. Especially in the FO world where they can be known to eat their young when they see something they don't like. Nobody likes a complainer. Not saying you are complaining but somebody could infer that you are not excited about the idea of doing your job in certain locations. I'm sure you are a good dude, and like you, I like big cities and like to party. But as a FNG people just want to know you are motivated. I know this is just a website but this will matter in every squadron you check into.

AnonymousGuy

None
CareerO-3...thanks for your post. I agree that this thread easily shows how people can jump to conclusions. I guess I could have chosen different words. I simply wanted to know where NFOs can be stationed, and if the locations are in/near big cities....and that turned into "your priorities are messed up."

For the record, I love the Navy...so much that I gave up a dream job in Thailand so that I could come back to it. No matter where I'm stationed, I'll do my job well; but I see no harm in having fun in personal life as well.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
As an NFO stud, you are pretty much guaranteed Pcola for your training, which is a lot better than your SNA friends can say........I spent 9 weeks in pcola, then 7 months in corpus, then 15 months in Meridian, so things can be worse. If you are worried about Whidbey, Seattle is only about an hour away (maybe a little more in traffic), and easily do-able on weekends. I know guys who have communal condos downtown for this very purpose. I'm one of those Navy dudes in Miramar, but as cool as it is, I will be packing bags for Lemoore or Oceana when the RAG is done. The biggest point I have is that you have very little control over where you go, so I wouldn't worry that much about it. The thing to worry about is if you like the people you work with, and if you can stand them being your extended family when you all live in a shitty little town with little else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.