• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Holy Wing Tip Strike Batman!

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
So it looks to me that the "big boy" gear can handle landing in the crab without kicking it out first. The 777/747 vids that loadtoad posted might have been extreme cases (i.e. testing) but what kind of tolerances can your gear handle if touching down in the crab?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
So it looks to me that the "big boy" gear can handle landing in the crab without kicking it out first. The 777/747 vids that loadtoad posted might have been extreme cases (i.e. testing) but what kind of tolerances can your gear handle if touching down in the crab?
The Whale gear can basically handle anything you can keep on the runway ... :) Watch out for them engine pods !!!

Makes for an "uncomfortable" approach when you're looking out the side windscreen, however. :eek:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A little more (translated) information.......

So the 24 year old dash-2 was flyin' the plane in THOSE conditions???

If so .... can you say (?): WAVE OFF -- NO CHANCE !!!

waveoffat0.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Do you guys ever do these in the sims?
Up to 30 knots @ 90 degree X-wind -- for training, grading, and check-ride scenarios.

For play -- sometimes "more" ... :D

I could possibly say that I've experienced "more" than 30 knots on the line flyin' the Pacific ... no where else to go. What you gonna' do?? I COULD say that ... just sayin'.

BTW -- one of the "gender filters" that airlines used for initial hiring screening was two engines out on one side; the question then being: can you maintain controlled flight, approach, and landing??

Some of the guys couldn't, either ... :icon_wink

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
I can go either way. :icon_wink

Had to be quoted. Context, schmontext. Nothing to really add to the thread, but a comment like that, especially with the little wink afterward, cannot be allowed to go by unnoticed, no matter who makes it....

You find the air a little fresher out of the closet sir?

I kid, I kid...:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....You find the air a little fresher out of the closet sir?...:D
ABSOLUTELY!!! I probably should have done a complete "housecleaning" decades ago .... but then, what goes on cruise stays on cruise.

75093052rj0.jpg

*sigh* ... but (sic) if I must sacrifice myself and become the butt (sic) of your little jokes .... for the future of Naval Aviation ... i.e., to bring a little "joy" in your otherwise pedestrian, plebeian lives ... then so be it. :)