• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Holiday Leave

fuzzdawg

NPS Student/SNA
Can anybody explain the policy for Thanksgiving and Christmas leave for those in A Pool? How about if if you class up in early November? I'd appreciate if anyone who was around last year could specify how many days were given, what dates and if it was basket leave or charged to see if I can get a jump on an airline ticket home. Thanks.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Can anybody explain the policy for Thanksgiving and Christmas leave for those in A Pool? How about if if you class up in early November? I'd appreciate if anyone who was around last year could specify how many days were given, what dates and if it was basket leave or charged to see if I can get a jump on an airline ticket home. Thanks.

Hey Fuzz,

I'm in A-pool and got my chit for Thanksgiving approved last week. When you fill out the chit, theres a specific format you follow (the sample is in student control). You'll indicate what pre-api stuff you have completed (i.e. nomi, prt/swim, boltc, ifs) in the comments box. Flt Mgmt LT will review the chit and approve or deny depending on when he projects you class up.

If you class up early Nov. and you wanna take leave for thanksgiving, youd probably only get Nov 24-27. If you dont leave the 350 mi. radius, you dont have to fill out a chit request and wont be charged leave. But if youre flying or driving outside that envelope, then u must fill out a chit AND you will be charged leave. Again, call flt mgmt and/or talk to Flt Mgmt LT if u wanna know specifics.

SemperFitz

Expert in Nameology
Classed up API today and was informed that there are two breaks during our class. 72 for Columbus and a 96 for Thanksgiving. We are not to leave during either of those, so if you are classing up early November, don't buy a plane ticket just yet. And, yes I realize that we only have one week of API following Turkey break, but that's what they said. Followed up with "If any of you have a problem you can come talk to me about it. I won't care, and it won't change anything, but you can come talk to me." :)

froghead1

Is that the way 96's work from here on out, meaning in flight school and then the fleet? If you go outside 350 miles, you have to use leave?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that the way 96's work from here on out, meaning in flight school and then the fleet? If you go outside 350 miles, you have to use leave?
Sometimes it can depend on what your paygrade is.....in the fleet.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Not the fleet.

Brett

Maybe not in the "expeditionary" fleet. Were you guys on AF rules for leave and crew rest??;)

Honestly, it usually depends on the CO's policy. He can say 350 miles requires a leave chit or he can use the reasonable man theory. Usually depends on how many times he has been burned by people abusing the system.

For students, I would expect that the rules will be reasonable but fairly inflexible since you are a transitory population whcih they are trying to make fit into a class schedule.

froghead1

When you say "leave chit", do you mean an out of bounds chit, like in TBS? Or, do you actually have to use leave if you go outside the 350 mile radius?

flynsail

pilot
Leave must be taken beyond the approved radius for API. If it is within the radius, there should be a travel log you must sign. It was like that last year, so it may have changed.