• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just thought I'd swing by and say hi. I'll actually be able to check the site for the next week or so.

I'll see if I can get a pic or two up, also.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey gatordev,

Where are you? Or cant you say. Long time no hear. Hows the deployment?

Dave

jrklr

gator:
good to hear from you man. I too was wondering how you like your deployment, I know you fly helos if I can remember correctly but I was wondering what you were deployed on, a carrier or a destroyer? Also, what type of mission do you have as well as other helos that deploy.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey all...sorry I was so short on the previous note. John chastized (sp?) appropriately for my vagueness.
icon_smile_wink.gif

For the moment, I'm back in Florida, waiting for the ship I'm on to go through some mid-deployment repairs. It's just a simple FFG on Southpac, and I'll leave it at that.

Deployment is going good, but can be incredibly boring. Will actually have to start hitting the books big time when we get back underway in prep for my HAC stuff. Not looking forward to that. Dave, I see you're over in Primary now...cool. Drove through G'ville the other day while heading down Florida. Brought back some memories.

That's it for now. Trying to figure out what pics I should put up....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh, ROUGH deployment!!! Taking leave in FLORIDA!?!?! Sheez...

Pics? How about those shellback pictures??

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, all most as bad as getting paid $80/hr per diem while stationed on a tropical island and having beer every night.

I actually haven't even seen any of the shellback pics. I'll have to see what I can round up when I go back to the ship.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For all of last deployment I only got $14 and $11 per diem per day for most of deployment. Unlike the upcoming one where it should be $50 per day... muhahaha.

Would definitely like to see those pics, and laugh my ass off in the process...

And to digress... also, what is the difference between a VMAX HPDI and a run of the mill HPDI from Yamaha? You know they are running a free extension on warranties, from 3 to 5 years... damn you for planting that seed...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Muhahaha....

I don't know. Marketing? I'll ask the next time I go to a dealer.
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.