• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hobbies During Primary

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Most squadrons, to including training squadrons, have a robust ground safety program. You'll need to file an ORM chit/sheet through the CoC to ensure they know you've ORMd your desired possibly dangerous activities. I know it sounds like a PITA, but it will give the saftey office an opportunity in "counsel" you on the possibilities of outcomes should you get hurt during training.

On a side note, I had a fellow RAG mate break his femur doing stunt parachuting. He was med down for 6 months and was the SIM bitch. He was so ready to get back into the syllabus and complete the RAG when his time was up.

This and just be careful, don't hurt yourself....better off to get wings first. I started doing Judo again at the FRS and cracked two ribs, down for a while, then hurt my back, down for a while. Just saying :)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And while I did just wake up from a little afternoon snooze, it took me a solid 15 seconds to realize you both have the same user name... or at least it appeared that way in my hazy eyed stuper.
Nope, two individual birds/dudes. One is e6bflyr ... the other ea6bflyr! I had them mixed up for several years.:)
E-6_Mercury.jpgea6b.jpg
BzB

LPO Beck

GONNA MAKE CHIEF
Nope, two individual birds/dudes. One is e6bflyr ... the other ea6bflyr! I had them mixed up for several years.:)
View attachment 12564View attachment 12565
BzB

Oh, I was thinking more along the lines of... :D

f6901558-a639-491e-b92b-8c324e914e04_zpsca853e3c.jpg

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
If you have time for hobbies, you're not partying enough.

Seriously though, don't get broken doing stupid shit on the weekends. You might be an awesome off road biker, but the Navy won't give care beyond healthcare if things to sideways. Gotta think of the bigger picture mate. Stay safe.

JTW

A Flying Sea-WO
pilot
I don't know about hobbies but you'll have plenty of time to change that outstanding avatar of yours.

LPO Beck

GONNA MAKE CHIEF
If you have time for hobbies, you're not partying enough.

Yeah, partying every weekend is not a health risk and never gets Navy personnel in trouble. :p

Just joking, I know what you mean and you're right. The sport is inherently dangerous - but so is surfing, rock climbing, scuba diving, flying, and microwaving my lunch in a plastic container.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Several of my students dirt biked etc on days they were on standby and on weekends. With time to train ranging from 8-14 months now depending on squadron, aircraft and weather delays, you'll have plenty of free time.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Several of my students dirt biked etc on days they were on standby and on weekends. With time to train ranging from 8-14 months now depending on squadron, aircraft and weather delays, you'll have plenty of free time.

8-14 for primary? Holy hell

LPO Beck

GONNA MAKE CHIEF
Yeah that surprised me also. I thought I would be cruisin' around Texas in a T-44 nine months from now. :cool:

He just left Whiting though, so I'm sure that's accurate.