• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HMX-1 MV-22

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Fwiw...I was promised some stick time in a Phrog, and it didn't happen. Down for maintenance.

I was promised some stick time in an Osprey, and it happened as advertised.

KBayDog

Don't have a dog in this fight ('cept for the obligatory drive-by cheap shots), but I wonder what life will be like in the gray squadrons when HMX gets head of line privileges for plopter parts.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Is the plopter replacing the H-3s for exec transport duties after the failed Great Presidential Copter acquisitions fiasco, or are they just adding a little weird to the stable?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is the plopter replacing the H-3s for exec transport duties after the failed Great Presidential Copter acquisitions fiasco, or are they just adding a little weird to the stable?

They are replacing the Ch-46s (and CH-53s?) that support provide support (transport staffers, gear, etc.) but not the H-3 Marine One birds, those will be around for a little while longer.

phrogpilot73

They are replacing the Ch-46s (and CH-53s?) that support provide support (transport staffers, gear, etc.) but not the H-3 Marine One birds, those will be around for a little while longer.
They're only replacing the CH-46's. As long as the fleet is flying CH-53's, they'll keep 53's. Remember, they're still an operational test squadron.