• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

History paper

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If the articles on an electronic database were hardcopy once upon a time, I'd cite the original hardcopy info in my footnotes/bibliography just to sidestep issues over people's opinions about online research. You may or may want to first clarify this with your school's authorities. Just sayin'... YMMV.

Owen

I recommend Guyton's book as well. It deals with a lot of the teething
problems the Corsair suffered from. As he was chief test pilot he was
very familar with sorting things out. Blackburn's book on VF-17 will be
very helpful as well.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I would also recommend "Death Rattlers: The Squadron VMF-323 Over Okinawa" It definitely has a lot of information on the F4U in battle.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
...I got to mingle with all the editors, writers and photographers that gathered at Tailhook and gathered nightly in Hook Magazine suite to view each other's work and talk about potential projects. Bob Lawson, editor of Hook, officiated and had special guests like Alex Zuyev, the (late) VVS MiG-29 defector, and other notable individuals. Great noteworking venue that helped me immensely.

That probably would've made for a pretty air-tight alibi in '91...
:D

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Not to steer you away from the F4U, as it is one of my favorites, but look into the "Cactus Air Force" on Guadal - more F4F centric but cool none-the-less. My $.02.