• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hiking/Backpacking Boots?

coyote09

SSMR
pilot
Lazers,

I've spent many a summer up in the JMW, whereabouts you headed?

As for the boots, I've stuck to HiTecs with a gel sole, and they last great for a couple seasons of cross country stuff. Relatively cheap, and they're pretty tough. If you're going in the spring, expect a lot of water and snow, so make sure to sno-seal whatever you get.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Montrail Torre GTX. I've had them for about 5 years now and they are as comfortable as my tennis shoes and almost as light. Up and down Whitney and Shasta no problem, plus tons of various shorter trails in the Cascades and around San Diego.

So far only had to replace the laces, and that was actually just last week!

Purchased a pair of these for 70 bucks on steep and cheap. I'll have to see how they feel and then we'll shoot from there. Hope I got the right size. :D

badger16

None
Pay now and you won't have to buy another pair for at least 10-15 years. Thats if you go on at least a few (4-5) trips a year.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I took these to Australia and abused them epically and they are as great now as they were out of the box. They're listed at $125 but I paid about $80 for them (6 years back granted but I'm sure there's a better deal). I wore them hiking, white water rafting, riding ATVs and horseback, you name it. They have plastic soles with insoles on top of them, which sounds like it would be uncomfortable but they end up drying out in about 15 minutes and are very comfortable.
Highly, highly recommend Merrils.