• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

highly recommended for military spouses, soon to be spouses, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennett4362

deployment sucks
or anyone who wants an insider's view of what it's like to be a military spouse.

i just finished reading the book e-mail to the front--one wife's correspondance with her husband overseas and highly recommend it to, basically, anyone on this forum and the friends/family of anyone on this forum.

the author is the wife of a p-3 pilot who basically details her existence during their first two deployments and also adds a little commentary along the way.

in her introduction she says she wanted "a book that could answer the questions everyone at work and all my nonmilitary friends asked: how do you do it?...at the same time, i wanted a book to share a message of caring and hope with military spouses everywhere..."

this book will definitely help your SO get a sense of what it means to support a significant other in the navy.

i also laughed almost every page (and cried once or twice :))

here's the link to it on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...0/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-5555150-4223024

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

Reactions: bch

Cate

Pretty much invincible
It sounds an awful lot like it's promoting the wholesale hugging of military spouses, and you know we can't have that... ;)

AviatrixMorgan

Another one, which I'm currently reading, is the one called Solo-Ops.

A few weeks back I tried getting my hands on the e-mail to the front book and it seems to be out everywhere. Even through B&N online you can't get it directly from them.

bennett4362

deployment sucks
you can order it from the amazon.com marketplace sellers. i ordered mine there from closeoutbooks.com (or something like that) for $3.99.

thanks for the referral for solo-ops!

Status
Not open for further replies.