• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

hey im new, and i have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringo

hey, im a college sr with a political science degree. i also have my private, instrument, and commercial licenses. will this help me get a pilot slot? and help me in flight school? also i was reading people were comparing navy to air force. i'm more of an easy going layed back type person. which service would i fit into better? if anyone could help me out that would be great. thanks

av8tor

Honestly, there are all types of people in all the services. That Catholic vs. Protestant rigamarole you hear from now and then is b.s. Manning levels change dramtically quarter to quarter, so if you want to be a pilot take whatever service offers you the first contract and be happy. At 5 p.m. you can be as laid back as you like.

gringo

hey cool man thanks, but how do you think my civilian flight experience will help me get in and in flight school?

av8tor

It definitely a plus and it will help immensely in the beginning. Your graduating GPA will hold the key though.

gringo

thats good to know that i didnt waste that money, i graduate in december 04, and i plan to have a 3.0 or higher. do you think by that time they will need more pilots or continue to have the surplus that ive read about?

Status
Not open for further replies.