• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hey guys, have a situation here...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well guys, good news, got all my medical records together... Although, I CAN'T READ THEM! Doctors have this code, for their patients can't see what the hell they diagnose you with...

Now I have to schedule another appointment, just for him to interpret them to me... doctors only care about $$$

Point, I hate doctors so _________ badly! They are so irresponsible, I know, my dad's a doctor, and I haven't seen or spoken with him in 8 years.:icon_rage

"...haunted past.... They're all gold!"

USNRET

FLDO H46
Go back the first reponse. Relax & do your best where you're at. Max out your grades, be a leader(Class Pres, etc). The idea is to show yourself top percentage....attend a good large college & compete. Get a degree in Finance or whatever you enjoy, then while a Naval Aviator build that degree to Masters as you prepare for a second career. I was a Officer Recruiter for one tour, its good advice. Second point is you've got time to do it all. Do 20 yrs in the Nav, retire & while collecting that pay, do another 20 in the career of your choice for another retirement check, then enjoy full retirement. I did 10yrs enlisted, 10yrs officer(pilot), retired & now have 10yrs on a civi job & am only 50....the only thing I regret now is not staying in the military environment as a CivilService guy. Once you've tasted the good life..you'll miss it when away. have fun

USNMark

Yeah, what they all said (stay in school, kick ass and take names with grades, etc. etc.) but mostly, stop planning so heavily into the future beyond say, just getting IN to the Navy. Did I hear you correctly in describing what airframe YOU'RE selecting (prefer fixed wing, don't want to get 'stuck' in helos, etc.)? "Needs of the Navy" is going to be a well known phrase to you in about 1-7 year(s) from now. Worry about things in the present (doing well in school and getting some extra-curricular experience under you) and leave the future (which you're so heavily and extensively focused on) alone. As long as you do well NOW, things should fall together nicely LATER. If you're a pimp with your grades, extra-curricular activities, physical fitness, and a few other application items, the Navy will have a hard time turning you away.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
First, I would love to be known as a "NAVY, or MARINE" pilot with a big ass tatoo on my back symbolizing a fighter pilot helment. Contrasting this, I don't want to be stuck as a helo pilot, like most of them.
You my friend have found the secret of being in the 42% of jet guys....go to Miami Ink and let them know you want the Telly Savales. (PS-It's a "helmet")

Oh, and enjoy college! You only get that chance once. And let me tell you that when those 2 chicks from your bio class decide to rock your world at your Luau/bikini/hot tub in January party you will remember it for a long time! Just make sure you go to class at 10am the next day, hangover or not..
Pictures/story.....post it.:D

Flying Helos is badass and I would much rather do that than fly an F-15 and burn holes in the sky while wondering if my scarf and hair color match my socks...
Agreed, much better than your jet breaking up spontaneously.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm a junior in high school, and I've wanted to litterally be a pilot in the Navy since I could talk. In a few years I will be going to a top aviation school where I will be majoring in aviation where I will get all my ratings, CFI, CFII, MEI, etc. When I'm in college, I will be applying to Navy BDCP until I finally get a SNA contract. If I don't get one, I am going to Navy OCS with a guaranteed flight contract. Although, I was just reminded about medical records, and I'm pretty much "freaking out." When I was in elementary school, I was diagnosed with ADD and OCD. However, I was later able to prove these disabilities wrong. I'm a 3.7 student at a major private school in all APs and Honor classes, so "if I ever did have ADD," it's not affecting me at all obviously. My OCD with a little bit of Tics was always "VERY MINOR." It never affected me in anyway, I just literally obsessed over my career every day... Will these two disorders affect me from getting being a pilot in the Navy? If it does I don't know what I would do with myself, have been waiting for this chance for seventeen years... Will I still be able to go?

Thank you

So, Investment banking isn't an option with ADD? That's right, a 3.7 won't get you into the prestigious target schools you "literally obsessed over...every day". There's always ERAU. Of course, you'll need to decide on a prestigious campus.

Note: IUKELLEY27 = Greedy Gilmore = AspiringPilot27 = RickRoss27 (and then there's LiVid-EviL27, but that's another fantasy life)

Saluki

So, Investment banking isn't an option with ADD? That's right, a 3.7 won't get you into the prestigious target schools you "literally obsessed over...every day". There's always ERAU. Of course, you'll need to decide on a prestigious campus.

Have you ever thought about NROTC... You can get a full scholarship to college which means you get to party your ass off, get tuition and all of your flight ratings paid for by the Navy!! Currently, I have Single & Multi Private, Instrument, and Single & Multi Commercial ratings. The Navy has saved me a tremendous amount of money and I am studying something that very much interests me. It sounds like your GPA is more than enough to get a NROTC scholarship. Just to throw another option at you because it sounds like you have your heart set on OCS.

lmnop

Have you ever thought about NROTC... You can get a full scholarship to college which means you get to party your ass off, get tuition and all of your flight ratings paid for by the Navy!! Currently, I have Single & Multi Private, Instrument, and Single & Multi Commercial ratings. The Navy has saved me a tremendous amount of money and I am studying something that very much interests me. It sounds like your GPA is more than enough to get a NROTC scholarship. Just to throw another option at you because it sounds like you have your heart set on OCS.

Good advice, poor SA.:D

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

Dude, like said above, might want to try reading the thread instead of blindly posting.