• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hey fellas, OUSOONER inbound to PCola with questions

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Seeing as you don't have a dental record and no one will have any idea who you are and what BDCP is I can imagine you will spend countless hours talking to many people and get nothing accomplished.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Seeing as you don't have a dental record and no one will have any idea who you are and what BDCP is I can imagine you will spend countless hours talking to many people and get nothing accomplished.

I do that and I'm in the system...

torpedo0126

Speaking of dental I think I'm supposed to have some teeth pulled. Do you just call them up to set up an appointment?

If its anything like what I did, then, no its like an HMO. You will first have to set-up a dental appointment/sick call. They will look in your mouth and say "Yes you need teeth pulled" and then you will set-up an appointment with the oral surgeon.

You usually cant just call and say this is what I need.

If you have a delay before reporting to Pensacola, it would be easy just to knock that stuff out at the nearest military facility your at (I did all of that stuff while stashed at NROTC by Great Lakes).

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
After taking on board what everyone has said and speaking to a few people here at OCS..I think I'm just going to drive home and take the leave while I can before I check in at PCOLA.

I still need to get my wisdom teeth out, do BOLTC and whatever medical/administrative that needs to be completed. Who knows when they would let me go once I checked in.

Word on the street is the orders that have been written for the last couple OCS classes have report dates 3 and 4 weeks out, which will allow me to spend a few days at home.

The more I look at stuff, it seems Perdido would be the way to go as far as living situation, since it could be a bit before I class up.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
The more I look at stuff, it seems Perdido would be the way to go as far as living situation, since it could be a bit before I class up.

Basically anywhere west of the base, off Gulf Beach is good. LOT of Ensigns/2LTs live out here.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot

Cool, this is probably a little too early but if you end up going to primary at Whiting you're going to be forced to live in Whiting Pines while you're there. Some people like it because of the dorm-room time atmosphere, others don't. If you're one of the people that doesn't want to live there, go out and get an "exotic" pet, they're not allowed in the Pines. If it's not a dog, cat or bird it's an exotic.

OUSOONER said:

I lived in Perdido Key while I was down there, good place. I kinda got tired of the drive every morning, but it was worth it.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
^--- I'd prefer to go to Corpus.

I'm getting married August 8th in PCOLA, but she's an RN and will be in San Diego for a majority of flight school before she moves in with me. This will be excellent on my BAH (no that's not why we're doing it).

So hopefully I can live in Corpus and make San Diego BAH, I'd have a pretty nice gangster roll.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
^--- They don't "make" you..it's our choice. If it were CASE III or whatever where it is urgent, then you have to get your dental taken care of before your next station.

I was tempted because I have a busy billet in Candio phase and would find it comforting to be SIQ for the next few days ;) However, that's just wrong.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
You better not be SIQ, Cause Im your backup! Have fun on that leave man! Dont forget to save some for your wedding though. Thats the only reason I am going to just go straight there.

-Can I get a rep SOONER? jk

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
^--- I'd prefer to go to Corpus.

I'm getting married August 8th in PCOLA, but she's an RN and will be in San Diego for a majority of flight school before she moves in with me. This will be excellent on my BAH (no that's not why we're doing it).

So hopefully I can live in Corpus and make San Diego BAH, I'd have a pretty nice gangster roll.

I'm pretty sure that unless you figure out some way to be a geo-bachelor, your BAH rate will follow the zip code of your duty station.